One Kiss Is All It Takes

When me and my dad was ready to walk out Mr Maximus can in and said "Oh I caught you on the right time. Before going sign these papers please." I took the papers from him and asked " What are these?" He smiled at me and said "Divorce Papers."
Wow. Its not even half a day I said about it and so soon he even got the papers. "Two mins I need to read them." I said.
"Of course take you time." He said and sat on the chair near the dressing table.
I sat on the dressing table and was going through the papers.
All are fine but one sentence caught my attention. It says

Should stay married for one year.

Hell no. One year is too much.
"Why one year?" I asked him still looking at the papers. He cleared his throat and said "We have quite a reputation in our country. What will the paparazzi's say about my family? They are waiting for some news. If they know that the bride ran away, they are gonna tear my family's reputation in to pieces which took decades for me to build it."
"Fine but still one year is bit long. Can you change it to six months?" I asked him.
He thought for a minute and then said "Humm okay. Six months is it. I will change it but sign the papers now. Later I will change it." He said.
I smiled at him and sighed the papers.

Sparkle Morris.

Finally. He took the papers from me and said " I'm damn sure you don't need the divorce. My son will take good care of you." He said with pride. I simply smiled at him and "Let's see."
He walked away. Me and my dad both were looking at him walking away. He stopped at the door turned towards me and said
"You look gorgeous my new daughter in law."  He didn't even wait for me to reply he left.
I looked at my father. He sighed heavily and said "Hope I don't regret this. I know you agreed to marry him just because I asked you to. But Sparkle your gonna live a different life now. No more late night, no more favourite daughter and no more get whatever you want. You have to adjust to the people around you. Listen to people. Just be yourself. But don't tolerate toxic people. Stand up for yourself. Be friendly with everyone okay. Your a amazing kid. I'm so happy and proud to get you as my daughter." He smiled at me proudly and pat my head.
I sighed and said " Well dad I am everything what you just said. Now let's go before people decide even I ran away."

The little flower girls walked first. Then the bridesmaids. And then it was time for me to walk with my dad.
Im Yours – By Jason Mraz
Was played.
I walked with my dad arm in arm. Everyone was staring at me. I didn't look at anyone because I know what their expression will be.

What the hell? Is she the bride? Is that Sparkle? Why is she wearing this dress? This must be a joke. What the hell is happening here? Finally she is getting married.

Yeah exactly that will be their expression. I searched my family. Lucky they were still there. All of them looked sad. Joel was fuming. I know nobody will talk to me after this. But they are still my family. They will come around or I will make them come around me. I'll do anything for my family. I know they will not be mad at me forever.
I stood next to the groom. I dare look at him because I was scared.
My dad shook his hand and kissed my cheek and walked away. Now it was me him and the Father.
Father Elijah.
Oh My God. Of all the person in the world why did they choose him? Jeez this is so awkward.
He looked at to me and was shocked to see me.
" My god am I dreaming?" He said clearly shocked. God please help me. " Sparkle , the girl who said will never getting married is now standing in front of me with her to be husband." He said faking a mini heart attack.
" In flesh and blood" I said annoyed. He laughed and said
" I told you child nobody can escape this. You should've become a sister when to told you wanted to."
Ugh. I was 8 year old when I said that. "Father if you don't mind I will definitely become one now if you don't  finish the wedding first and later you can embarrasse me." I said.
He smiled at me. He read few thing I swear I never heard it before.
After a few minutes of talking he finally asked the question.
Raphael Maximus. Will you take Sparkle as your beloved wife.?
He composed himself. Took a deep breath and said. "Yes."
Raphael .Okay not bad. Nice name ... Nice voice. Hope he has a nice face with good heart as well.
Father Elijah cleared his throat and said.
" Sparkle my favourite kid." I rolled my eyes. He continued " Are you sure you wanna get married."
" Father stop... " I said. I heard a chuckle. It was from Raphael.
"Okay okay. Now for real.
"Sparkle will you take Raphael as your beloved husband?."
I don't know what to say. This is my last chance. I can either run away or get married. The choice is mine.
Is it? Nah. Of course it's not mine. I took a deep breath and said " I do."
Father smiled at me.
"Exchange the rings." He said.
I didn't even look at Raphael. I just looked at his hand and slide the ring into his finger. And then he slide the ring into my finger. The ring looked gorgeous. Just like how I imagined it should be. Its a perfect wedding ring. I loved it.
I was pulled back from my thoughts by Father Elijah.
" Now you may kiss the bride." He said. I was still looking down. I am so nervous now. I was fidgeting my dress .
Raphael moved the veil of my face. I took a deep breath and looked at him.