Chapter 6: I won't lose....I can't lose

" Hm." Baldroy was sitting down at a table with Finnian and Mey-rin in their little staff room space. It was a pretty small room and it smelled a little strange too, which Baldroy didn't like. He enjoyed his breaks with the others in the room though so he never minded much the smell.

Baldroy handed Mey-rin back her sniper and laid his head on the table right next to Finnian's who was reminiscing about life while giving loud long sighs. 

All three servants had spent the ENTIRE day working out their plan against The Red Rose, and eventually came to a resolution about how Baldroy and Finnian would distract and separate The Red Rose from her followers.  There were many floors to the castle. 10 to be exact. Finnian said that he along with Baldroy would separate The Red Rose from her group on the last floor.  It was a smart tactic to use, however, there was an estimated amount of over 35-40 followers. That's why Baldroy and Finnian would have to fight their hardest in order to give Sebastian time to attack The Red Rose and give Mey-rin time during the fight to focus on a spot for her target. 

" I hope all goes well tonight..." Mey-rin had taken off her glasses when examining her sniper and her normally positive and bubbly aurora that she normally carries around was non-existent at the moment. Normally when Mey-rin takes off her glasses in general, she completely changes.  

" Me too." Finnian sat up straight once again and stretched out his arms and legs. " I can't wait for The Red Rose to be finally beaten down. After all, we can't let her soil miss ( Y/N )'s name."

" I agree! Princess ( Y/N )'s name and family should still be protected even though she's gone!" Baldroy jumped up from his wood seat and lifted both arms up in the air signaling how optimistic he was.

* MEANWHILE IN THE BATHROOM *

Ciel grabbed both sides of the bathtub rim and hoisted his body upwards so he could stand.

He grabbed a soft white towel that was neatly folded by Sebastian before his bath and tied it around his waist before going to the bathroom mirror.  He gazed himself over and just stood there for a minute while doing absolutely nothing. 

Ciel was having a flashback of when ( Y/N ) kissed him for the first time on the roof while the city of England was burning. That... was right before she died. Lifting a hand to his mouth he lightly grazed his bottom lip with the tip of his fingernails. 

" You gave your life for this selfish place. This terrible city....these terrible people. I've learned enough in my lifetime to know that no human is different from the other. If I could go back in time and see you one last time. I would wanna ask you why.... why would you do so much to protect such useless things?" Ciel thought this and frowned in the mirror as he reached for his eye patch and tied it back on bringing his attention back to his reflection. 

" You're going to die Red Rose. It's people like you who took everything I cared for away when I was little."

* IN THE STREETS OF ENGLAND NEAR THE CASTLE*

A girl wearing a red dress resembling that of a dolls, a small red side top hat, and a cracked half porcelain mask was walking down the shadowed street of England not far from the castle. Her shortish medium length blonde hair, flowing gently behind her. 

" ....."

The girl came to a halt and gazed upwards to the sky. The stars were hardly showing because of the cloudy night and the girl smiled widely knowing there were somewhat 35 people hidden in the shadows behind her. Waiting. Just waiting for their chance to infiltrate the castle. All they needed was a simple order and they would begin their mission.

The Red Rose whispered under her breathe and said, " Be ready... Ciel Phantomhive. After all, tonight may be the very last night you're able to look up at these stars." With that, The Red Rose turned to her men and giggled in the darkness of the night.

" Begin".

* MEANWHILE IN A CARRIAGE ALMOST AT THE CASTLE.*

Ciel was gazing out the carriage window with his chin balancing on one gloved hand.

He was looking at the dim stars of the night as he whispered, " We won't lose...."

An image of ( Y/N ) on the day she ran away from Ciel because she stole his hat appeared in his mind. ( Y/N )'s ( L/H/C) flowing around her as she giggled at Ciel, appeared in his mind. She was tightly holding his hat in hand and outstretching her other hand towards him. It was nothing more than a faint simple memory of her... but it filled Ciel with a strong determination. 

.

.

.

.

" ....I can't lose."

ALRIGHTIE MY READER-CHANS!!! IV'E EVACUATED FROM MY FAMILY'S HOUSE AND NOW WERE STAYING IN A FRIENDS PLACE IN SANTA CRUZ WHERE ITS A BIT SAFER FROM THE FIRES! IT'S A TAD NERVE WRECKING TO KNOW YOUR HOUSE COULD BE BURNED DOWN AT ANY HOUR😨... BUT AT LEAST ME AND MY FAMILY ARE SAFE!😁

ANYWAY! I WAS STILL ABLE TO UPDATE A CHAPTER TODAY! EVEN THROUGH THIS STATE WIDE EMERGENCY MESS! 

HEHE, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ACTION TO BEGIN.... ( aaaand the drama!) 😱

YOUR AUTHOR-SAN WISHES ALL OF YOU A HAPPY DAY OR NIGHT!

LUV YOU! 🥰