|Part Ten|

|YOU|

As soon as we arrived back at the palace, Pisti handed off our bags to the help before taking off with a wave over her shoulder.

"Let's do this again soon!" She called to us.

Morgiana and I walked quietly to my room and once inside I could already see several of the outfits we bought today splayed out over my bed. Rupal was standing at the foot and holding another dress up to examine before smoothing it out over the comforter. Once she was finished, she looked at both Morgiana and I with a polite smile. "Sinbad has invited you both to dinner and there will be a party soon after. Miss Morgiana should return to her room to prepare while I get you ready, Miss (Y/N)."

The idea of another party alone made me feel exhausted. Let alone a social dinner before a party, but I let Rupal pick an outfit for me nonetheless and waved at Morgiana before she left. As soon as the door shut and we were alone, Rupal's hands flew up to rest on her hips as she scanned the bed for something she deemed suitable.

"Are parties something the king does every night?" I asked.

Rupal looked up at me with one raised brow. "No. Could you imagine the cost of having grand parties every night? Not to meantion the king is a very busy man."

She picked up a top and matching pants and hung them over the screen I would be changing behind. Without arguing, I walked behind it and began to change.

"Then why has he held two in a row? Isn't that exhausting?"

I heard my bed creek and I popped my head around the side of the screen to see Rupal seated on the edge of it.

"King Sinbad usually hosts a few parties when Aladdin and the other first arrive. The king enjoys it, and so do the others. Though he doesn't usually have them back-to-back like this."

I finished dressing and walked over to the mirror to see the outfit in full view. The top was a beautiful shade of blue, like a clear sky on a warm day, and the hems were lined with blue sapphires. It was strapless and only reached as far as my ribcage, leaving my navel on display. The pants Rupal picked were a deeper shade of blue, and the soft material billowed out before cuffing snuggly around my ankles.

I turned to view the back and before I saw them I already knew my scars were visible.

Rupal cleared her throat and I looked over to see a beautiful, sky blue veil dotted with sapphires in her hands.

"Why did you buy such revealing clothing if you want to hide your scars so bad?" She questioned, sitting me down in a chair to fasten the veil with hairpins.

"I didn't really get a say. Pisti picked everything for me. She didn't even let me try stuff on first."

Rupal snorted but didn't say anything more. She made sure the veil was secure before telling me to follow her to the dining hall. Once we reached the doors I could already tell everyone was inside waiting for me. Rupal opened the door, her mask of politeness back in place.

Everyone looked up once I entered and I wrapped the loose ends of the veil tightly around myself. "Sorry I'm late."

"(Y/N), welcome," Sinbad greeted from the head of the table. "Come sit!"

I glanced around and sure enough, the only seat left was to Sinbad's right. Luckily it was also the seat next to Morgiana.

Once I took my seat I quickly tried to start a conversation with Morgiana, attempting to avoid Sinbad as much as possible. Though it was no use. Sinbad always had the ability to shamelessly spark up conversation with anyone about anything.