chapter 3

I don't know what has changed by now but  I am not feeling comfortable enough. I mean I was not feeling comfortable even before but after meeting version the level of my uneasiness has reached its peak.

            The way he is looking at me intimidatingly since the moment we met is not letting me concentrate on anything else.

"Arihant, can we go?" I asked him hoping that he would say yes.

" Of course we can but after few minutes. Just let me say bye to Arjun." He said and I nodded positively.

     We headed towards his direction where he was playing his gamble. Everyone was cheering their for the man sitting against him. I could understand that Arjun was losing.
Arihant went to him and put his arm around Arjun's shoulder.

"What happened to you? This is something I have never expected." He said looking at the cards placed on the table.

"I guess, the luck is not today with your friend." Man who was playing against him smirked.

"Luck, do you really think that he believes in luck?" Arihant questions him back.

"Then why you friend is losing today when he wins every time." He said wrestling himself.

"Of course, I don't believe in luck. Because I know how to keep luck in our favour." Arjun said proudly.

What is his problem?

Can't you behave normally?

Like any other normal man.

"Oh really, then how are you going to change this game now where you have already lost a lot." He said pointing towards the table.

Arjun looked at Arihant and then at me. I  averted my eyes as soon as his eyes met mine.

     "Arihant, if you don't mind can I i steal your date for sometime?" He asked Arihant which made my eyes go wide.

Even Arihant couldn't understand what is he of in about.

"What do you mean?" Arihant tried to confirm.

Arjun smiled.

"It's just for luck. You know! Lady luck." Arjun said.

"And why do you think she is lucky for you?" Arihant interrogated.

"That is for all of us to find out but since this is the first time when she  is at such a place and that too with my best friend. How can I consider any woman here over her?" Arjun exclaimed.

Arihant looked at me.

"Oh, come on man. Just for sometime. I am not asking  you to give her to me for whole life." Arjun tried to convince him.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want." Arihant whispered in my ears.

"It's ok. It's just a matter of few minutes." I replied him whispering.

I sat beside Arjun.

The game started.

"Which number?" Coordinater asked.

"7" other man said.

"14" Arjun said.

I had no idea what is going on. I was looking at Arihant time to time. He just asked me to sit there and that is the only thing I am doing. I even don't have any idea that what they all  are doing. I was just looking at game trying to engage myself into it but I have to say that I can never get interested in this stuff.

     A small ball stops at 14 number and I realise that Arjun has won. Expression on his competitors face was a sight to watch. Arjun look at me for a second with a smile.