chapter 5

"What happened? Why is your face flushed?"  Aarti asked me while giving me coffee.

"What can I tell, yaar. You remember the work I went to college so early in the morning?" I said while taking coffee.

"Yes, what happened? Didn't that work get over?"  She sat on the couch.

"No. Not done yet. But I'm trying."  I took a sip of coffee.

"Don't worry too much. If you are trying, it will be done."

"Hmmm" I drank another sip.  "You didn't have coffee?"  I asked Aarti. 

"No, I don't drink coffee."I came to know another new thing about Aarti.
Then Aarti received a call from someone.

Probably of Arihant.

She picked up the phone but did not say anything.

"Shivani, if you feel hungry, I have prepared the food and put it in the fridge. You should heat the food and eat it."  She said standing up.

"Why, are you going somewhere?"  I looked at her.

"Yes, some urgent work in the office has come suddenly, that's why I have to go."  She put some papers in his bag.

"But, at 7:30 in the evening?"  I asked suspiciously.

She smiled a little.

"Work does not come by looking at time."  Saying this she left.
___________________________________________
Arjun's POV

I reached Arihant's office.

I know that what I am going to do is to misuse my resources.But this girl has left me no other option.

what I wanted?

Just a short meeting.

But Shivani refuses for that as well.

If you want to meet her, go and meet yourself.  But why would you do this?  Your ego will not allow you to do this.

I opened the door of Arihant's cabin without knocking.  I saw Aarti standing with a file near Arihant and Arihant is sitting on a chair.

Arihant smiled upon seeing me.  "Hey man. What are you doing here at this time?"  He asked.

"I felt like meeting my friend."  I said coming in.

"Good evening sir."  Aarti said.

"Good evening Aarti. How are you?"  I asked her.

"I'm fine, sir" she replied shaking her head.

"That's good. Who would ask me how I am?"  Arihant said with a grin.

"I just asked."  I said with a serious face.

"When? You asked Aarti about her well-being."  Arihant said while holding the file arti.

"Hey. When Aarti said she is fine, it clearly means that you are great."  I said with a slight smile.

Aarti felt a little wierd after listening to me.  It was clear from her face that she now felt uncomfortable between the two of us in that room.

"Sir, I will fax these papers in our Mathura branch today."  Aarti said taking a second file from Arihant.

"Well, just keep in mind that we should have a copy of these papers." Arihant said while closing the lid of the pen.

"OK sir"

"You can go home now."  As soon as Arihant says this, Aarti left the office wishing me good night.