chapter 11 : drunken naira

"Kunal say something!"Tanvi said as she noticed kunal's silence.

"Actually I have to go. I will see you guys tomorrow at the freshers party!"Kunal said and went out.

"See even Kunal is not being able to deny or defend Naira!even he understood what's going on between them except you Tanvi!"the girl said which irritated Tanvi

"Enough okay. If you don't stop saying this I will complain to the principle for creating these baseless rumors!"Tanvi said and left.

Kartik stood outside. There was small cut on his hand due to the fall of the light. It was small but it was hurting him like hell. He winced slightly as touched on it.

Just then Naira came out looking for Kartik. When kartik's eyes fell on Naira he hid his hand sliding it into his pant pocket.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"Naira asked in concern as she went and stood infront of him.

"No..I am alright. Are you okay?"Kartik asked

"Haa I am okay...!"Naira said looking down

"You should have been more careful.because of those headphones you couldn't even hear me call your name. If I didn't come in time what would have happened huh?"Kartik asked.

"I am sorry Kartik..i didn't do it intentionally...!"Naira said

"I didn't say you did it intentionally!all I am saying is just be careful..."he said in concern and Naira nodded.

"Are you going home?"he asked which made Naira to look at him.

"I asked you are you going home now?"he repeated raising his voice a bit as she remained silent

"Haa..!"Naira replied avoiding his gaze.

"Come,I will drop you!"he said

"It is okay. You don't have to. I will go home by the subway. I am used to it!"Naira said

"This is your problem. You never listen to others. The climate is already bad. It's not safe to travel on trains now. Don't make me repeat myself. Now come!i will wait for you outside!"Kartik said and left. Then Naira who had no other choice left and headed out.

What two of them didn't know was Kunal listened to their conversation.

"In dono ke beech kya chal raha hai?naira ne kaha tha uska life main koee hai..woh KG hai?"Kunal thought.

Naira noticed kartik's car outside the college. She went and sat in next to him in the passenger seat. Both of them remained silent and didn't say a word on the ride back home.

Naira was lost in her thoughts but her thoughts were broken when something touched her leg. She looked down to see Alcohol bottle. Naira then looked at Kartik in disbelief.

"What the hell is wrong with him?why is he drinking?"Naira thought to herself.

Just then Kartik stopped the car a petrol bunk. Naira looked at him.

"I need to refill. You wait here...!"Kartik said

"Why are you drinking?"Naira asked shocking Kartik.