chapter 20 : remembering the old days

Kartik Stopped the car few blocks away from the college as Naira asked.

"Thanks for dropping me!"she said and he nodded. Before Naira was about to get down Kartik spoke.

"Naira wait...!"he said and Naira stopped and looked at him

"If you need any help in the college just ask me..don't worry about what others think about you!"Kartik said

"That won't be necessary. I can take care of myself!"Naira replied and got down and walked towards the college. Kartik sighed and then drove in.

After parking the car he went to his first class in the afternoon I.e. Naira's class.

When he entered in Naira was normally sitting next to tanvi lost in her thoughts. Kartik's eye's were only on her as he felt she was in pain because of the leg.

Naira's was thinking about the change that has come in Kartik since the last few days and how he has been taking care of her,trying to help her ever since he found about her leg injury.

Naira couldn't help but think about the Kartik she saw here on the first day. The guy who kept claiming her for his brother's death.

But she felt that he was gone now. Kartik was slowly changing into his old self with whom Naira fell in love with.

Naira understood that knowing the truth has brought an change in him more of like a realization.

Naira at first believed he was doing this only out of guilt because she was facing this because that day he wasn't there for her.

Even now Naira wanted to believe that Kartik was doing this out of guilt but her heart wasn't letting her believe it and it was right because Kartik was not doing this out of guilt and wants to rectify his mistake.

He was doing it mainly of the love he has for her.And the care he still had for her.

In the first few days when Shubham died Suvarna kept on blaming Naira and she tried to make Kartik hate her.

He succeeded in hating her but deep down he always felt he was being a fool. His father and other family members made Suvarna understood that Naira was not at fault for Shubham's death.

It took Suvarna a while but she realized her mistake and she wanted to bring Naira back home but Kartik's ego and stubbornness didn't let that happen.

"These two years we were separated just because of me. It was because of me and my ego which always ruin things between us. This was not the first time I blamed or didn't listen to you Naira...!"Kartik thought

"When you told me about my mother's mental illness i blamed you and didn't trust you saying you were taking maa's side. Then again I didn't trust you when Naksh and Kirti got married...!"Kartik thought and looked at her while he gave the notes.

Naira was still thinking about this matter and wasn't even paying attention to what Kartik was explaining.

Kartik started to worry thinking if something was wrong as Naira always pays attention to classes and today she was not.

Kartik decided to message her as he couldn't ask her directly infront of the whole class. Then He took his phone out to message her.