chapter 17 : kartik realizes his mistake

"Kirti,where is Naira? I haven't seen her since a long time?"Naitik asked

"Papa she must be around. Don't worry!"Naksh lied. Kirti and Naksh decided to keep this news away from everyone till they know what happened for Kartik and Naira first.

"It's not like her to leave a party. I will go and search for her!"Naitik said

"Papa it is okay. Actually Naira was talking to her friend on phone. She will come back. Don't worry!"Naksh said.

"Why didn't you tell me? In these two years you didn't thought of telling what you went through?"Kartik asked still hugging Naira. But Naira didn't reply to that. He looked at her and noticed her staring at the ground.

"Naira...!"he called out

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. Just leave me alone!"she said and got out of his grip. She slowly walked towards the bed but the clumsiness took over her and she was about to fall on the bed Kartik caught her and both of them fell on it with him on top of her.

Pushing the strand of her hair and tucking it behind her ear he gazed into her eyes. He slowly caressed her cheek but couldn't control his own tears. Tears rolled down his cheeks and Naira noticed them.

"Why are you crying?"she asked wiping his tears.

"I am sorry..I don't even know how to say sorry Naira..yeh sab meri vajah see hai...!"he said with guilt.

"Shh..shut up..Tum itna baat karate ho!"she said with a pout and hugged him.

Just as he was about to hug her the door of the hotel room was opened. Kartik's eyes widened in shock when he saw Naitik.

"Papa..I..um..!"Kartik shuttered trying to find some excuse.

"Papaaaa...!"Naira said with a smile giggling. Naitik understood that she was drunk by listening to her voice.

"Princess,what happened?Kartik how did she get drunk?"Naitik asked

"Papa..I will explain..everything!"he said somehow finally getting out of naira's grip.

"Naira drank some juice which was kept here but it had alcohol mixed in it..so she's drunk now..!"Kartik explained.

"But how did you know we were here?"Kartik asked

"Actually I was searching for Naira. Naksh said she was talking on the phone but she was nowhere to be seen. So I asked the staff members and they said they saw her come into this room..so I came!"he said and kartik nodded

"I think it's the best if we get her home. She should rest!"Kartik said

"I will also come with you beta..!"Naitik said

"Papa it's okay. You should stay here. I mean Naksh would feel bad even if you leave. I will drop Naira at home and I will stay till you guys come..I will take care of her don't worry...!"Kartik said and Naitik nodded.

"Aur Tum!You will come home with me!No more speaking so let's go!"Kartik said and Naira nodded like a obedient kid.

Kartik somehow successfully managed in bringing Naira home. Naitik gave him the key to their house.