Chapter 2: The Bounty

I climb up to the cockpit, "Why didn't you tell me the kid had the force?"

"The what?"

"The force? Do you not know?" He shakes his head no, "I don't know a lot but I don't they can move things with his mind."

"Have you seen it before?"

"Yeah." My mind immediately flashes back to the war. The things I saw while spying.

"Aurora?" I hear pulling me out

"Yeah?"

"You good?"

I nod before climbing back down the ladder.

-

Its been a few weeks of going to different planets and collecting bounties. 

Mando has said maybe a total of two words to me? But it's fine, really, I can just talk to the kid, who doesn't talk back. 

I've grown to love the kid.

Really.

But Tonight.

Tonight.

I wanna throw him off this ship.

He will not stop crying. 

Mando sitting in the cockpit like always probably doesn't hear it but I do. 

He's fighting sleep he has to be. It's the reason I want to cry right now.

"How about a story?" he stops crying a bit looking intrigued. Great now I have to come up with a story.   

"Okay, this is the story of a girl who is not me even though she looks just like me. She was born and raised on a beautiful planet so beautiful its know as, the planet of beauty, it was covered in mountains and water. Beautiful white snow-covered these mountains head to toe," at this point this kid has stopped crying and seems to be hanging on to every word, "She'd go up to the mountains with her family and when she grew up she eventually would go up there with friends and her sister and get into trouble. The city was even better she lived in the city with her family and she loved it. Now of course her house wasn't as glamorous as the royal palace where her friend lived but still." The kid's eyes start to get droopy as he falls asleep, "You would have liked it. Definity would of loved rolling around in that snow. I wish I could have taken you. But it's gone now." I say the last part in a whisper and know the only sound its the kid's quiet snores.

"I thought your home planet was Naboo."

I almost jump out of my skin at Mando's sudden appearance, "Stars, how long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to figure out your home planet is Alderaan."

I nod slowly, "Not something I like talking about much. Thinking about the good always brings up the bad." There's a pause, "I was on a rebel base on some outer rim planet when it happened." Why am I telling him this? Oh right 'cause some weird part of me trusts him. " I hadn't been there for about a year. I just wish before I left I gave everyone and everything a proper goodbye, you know?"