Chapter 3: Canto Bright

We land on the number one tourist destination, Cantonica

I remember being a teenager and sneaking off here for the night only to return to Alderaan in the morning as nothing had ever happened. I smile at the memories.

Mando turns around in his pilot's chair, "It's a big city so stay close to me."

I almost smile at his protectiveness. Almost. "Yes, sir." 

He climbs down the ladder and I follow.

The kid has taken up to sleeping in my cot. Whenever we put him back into the pod he cries. Loud.

"He asleep?"

"Out like a light."

"Good."

-

We walk into Canto Bright and there are thousands of people and we somehow have to find one person.

As we walk towards a booth everyone is staring at us and moving out of the way. Looks like there are some perks for hanging out with a Mandalorian.

We pick a booth and a waiter comes up to take our order.

"Sella," the man says, "I haven't seen you here in years."

"Yeah, yeah, it has been a while."

"Still want the usual."

"Uh yeah sure why not." He looks at Mando and Mando shakes his head no. The waiter leaves to get my drink and food.

Mando tilts his head.

"Okay, so I've been here a few times before."

Another waiter walks by the table, "Sella its good to see you."

"You too," I say with a smile and she leaves us.

"Okay, maybe we would steal my dad's ship and come here on the weekends."

"What's with the fake names?"

"Safer."

He nods understanding.

"Is Aurora?"

"Aurora is my real name." Why does he care it's not like I even know his.

-

I take a bite of my food.

"You know, I've never seen you eat." I look up at Mando.

"I eat."

"How do you have a straw up there."

He sighs, "I take it off."

"Oh." I take another bite of the steaming vegetables. "Do you wear the helmet because you're scared if people see you they'll run away." He looks at me like I offended him, of course, I can't see his face. "Hey for all I know you could look like one of the Hutts under there."