Chapter 7: Its Always Nothing

"A lady's man?"

"A lady's man?"

"That's what it says on the tracking forb." Mando sits at the table cleaning my blaster after getting mad at me for supposedly doing it wrong.

I feed the kid another dried frog, "You know I can't wait until one of these bounties has a thing for Mandalorians then we can use you as bait." 

"You're not bait."

I sigh, "What do you want me to do?"

"He likes going to this- this club."

"A club?"

"Yes, a club."

"Stars, I haven't been to one of those in years. So what, I flirt with him get him outside and you take it from there?"

"If he doesn't find you out like the last time."

"Not my fault that creep touched me. Seeing you punch him in the face made it worth it though."

Mando lets out a chuckle. I wonder what he sounds like without the modulator. Is his voice still all hoarse and husky or is it softer and lighter?

"He deserved it." He hands me my blaster.

"Thanks, even though I could of done it myself."

"You were doing it wrong."

"Oh, whatever."

-

This club is loud. I haven't been to one in years but I do not remember them being this loud. People are drinking, dancing, talking. Everyone is young and having the time of their lives and I'm here working.

The comlink is in my ear however this time its a lot smaller.

"What does he look like again?"

"Blonde, blue eyes."

"Gonna need more than that Mando."

"Uh, he has a scar on his cheek."

"There's hundreds of people in here this might take a while."

I sit at the bar and order a drink. I look around the club and I spot a Twi'lek and all it does it remind me of her and just pisses me off.

The bartender puts my drink in front of me.

"Thanks."

"So huh, what brings you here?" Can't I just have a drink?

"A ship." He laughs not sensing the sarcasm at all.

"Whats you're name?"

"Jana."

"Liar," Mando says into the comlink

"I'm Max."

"Good for you." He gets the hint and walks away.

"You didn't have to be so mean."