Chapter 10: A Clan of Three

"Is there another way out?" Cara asks

"No, that's it," Greef answers.

"What about the sewers?" Din asks.  

"Sewers?

"The Mandalorians have a covert down in the sewers. If we can get down there, they can help us escape."

"Yeah, I like sewers," I say.

"Checking for access points," he used his vambrace and his helmet to scan the room.

"Hold up," Cara says, "They're setting up an E-web."

"It's over," Greef says.

"Think you can search faster," I whisper to Din.

"I'm trying. There found it."

"Lets go then."

Din, Cara, and I stay low as we run over there throwing the booth seats out of the way to revel the vent. Cara and Din both try to pull it off but it's sealed shut.

"Its assembled! How long until that things cleared?" Greef asks.

"Blow it," I say.

"I'm out of charges."

Cara tries to shoot at it but nothing.

"Your astute panic suggests that you understand your situation. I would prefer to avoid any further violence, as I'm sure you would too Commander Aurora," Dins head turns and looks at me, "and encourage a moment of consideration."

"Do you know him?"

I just shake my head, no not wanting to bring up things I blocked out.

"Members of my escort have completed assembly of an E-web heavy repeating blaster. If you are unfamiliar with this weapon, I am sure that Republican Shock Trooper Carasynthia Dune of Alderaan."

Alderaan? I didn't know anyone else survived besides my friend from the rebellion.

Din and I look at each other than at Cara.

"Will advise you that she has witnessed many of her ranks vaporize mid-descent facing the predecessor of this particular model. Or perhaps the decommissioned Mandalorian hunter, Din Djarin, has heard the songs of the Siege of Mandalore. When gunships with similar ordinates laid waste to the field to the Mandalorian in the Night of a Thousand Tears." Din tenses.

"Or maybe my favorite one of them all, Aurora Janren. The Commander and they spy. Aurora, tell me do you remember when you spent five months on my base spying on me and another five months paying for invading my base?"

I feel everyone's eyes burning on me, Din's the most. I get flashes of everything that happened. My screams of pain fill my head. My breathing becomes shallow. My face becomes hot. The room becomes smaller and smaller. I remember the pain of what he did to me trying to get information out of me. My hands start to shake as I fight back the tears making their way to my eyes.