Chapter 12: Three Weeks

Three weeks

Three weeks.

He's been on a hunt for three weeks. He knew this hunt was going to take him a few more days than usual so I made him promise he would check in with me in the comlink every day.

He hasn't checked in for three days.

Stars am I stressed. I know Din can take care of himself but what if he's in trouble and I'm just sitting here. I normally come along with him but he made me stay so the kid wouldn't be alone.

If he is in trouble I wouldn't even know where to start looking. But he's fine okay he's fine there's no need to panic Aurora.

I've been sleeping in my old cot with the kid because the bigger come has been lonely. I've been wearing his shirts only the past three weeks just so I can remember the smell of him.

I've cleaned the entire ship from head to toe there is no dust anywhere in sight. I even cleaned blasters he hasn't used in months even though he says I do it wrong. I don't do it wrong he's just so particular about them.

I pour the rations into the bowl of water and I watch as it turns into something I can eat. Sometimes I dream about real food. Don't get me wrong I love it here. I love Din and the kid but stars do I miss real food.

I take a bite of the tasteless food. He told me to not call him on the comlink because he said something about it being dangerous but he hasn't said anything for three days. I don't wanna disrespect his wishes but I'm so worried. I knew what I was getting into when I started a relationship with a Mandalorian I knew that moments like this would happen.

It makes me think back to the war. When my friends would go off on missions and never came back or when I would go off on missions and come back less like myself every time. Being with Din I've been more like myself. The girl I was on Alderaan before she saw things she could never unsee or lost things she could never come back.

I look at the kid who's just sitting on my cot playing with the metal ball Din gave him. He misses Din too I can tell he hasn't been as giggly lately. He's been staying up later too like he's waiting for his dad to come and tell him goodnight before he can finally close those big eyes and rest. I can't blame him I haven't been sleeping well either. I got so used to being wrapped in Din's arms I forgot how to sleep without it.

-

Ah yes laying in bed and staring at the ceiling my favorite activity. I kid is snuggled next to me as I try to stop thinking about where Din is or what he's doing because if I do I'll panic and I don't need that right now.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep the ramp opens and Din is the only one who can do that. I jump up careful of the kid and I turn on the light to see Din dragging who I assume is the bounty onto the ship. He is covered in dirt. Like I can't see the beskar covered but stars it is good to see him and know that he's alive. I watch as he throws the body into the carbonite block before turning to me, "Cyar'ika."