Chapter 15: The Trio

After all the chaos that happened with the ice planet, the frog lady, the baby eating her eggs, landing the practically destroyed crest, reuniting the frog lady with her husband, we finally seem to catch a break. These Quarrens know where other Mandalorians are and agreed to take us to them on their boat.

The baby's pod floats in between me and Din as we look out onto the ocean breathing in the salty air.

"You ever see a mamacore eat?" A Quarren says to us, "Quite a sight." When neither of us responds the Quarren speaks again," Child might take an interest. You should take a look. Come on over here."

We follow the Quarren to the middle of the ship where there's a huge hole covered by a cage. We stand at the edge of it and we watch as the Quarren open the cage and drop fish inside. The Quarren is talking some more but I don't listen.

I watch as the water begins to bubble and before either of us can react the Quarren pushed the baby's pod into the water right above the mamacore.

"No!" Din and I yell at the same time. Next thing I know I'm also being pushed in.

I hold my breath as I try to look around but it's no use in the murky water. I hear a splash and I know it's Din jumping in after us.

Din and I swim up to the top, grabbing onto the bars, coughing as we attempt to catch our breaths. The Quarrens above us hit our hands making us let go of the bars.

I take a deep breath and I sink back down once more. Din seems to be having more trouble than me as he goes back up for air sooner.

Once the burning in my lungs becomes too much I go back up with Din just in time to see a blue Mandalorian land and attack the Quarrens. Din continues to cough as we see two more Mandalorians land helping the first one.

I only get a glimpse of the first ones helmet but I immediately remember that day the first and only time I ever met her before today.

The cage opens again and I grab onto the edge holding myself up. Bo kneels down in front of the water and puts her hand out in front of me. I shake my head, "Him first." She puts her hand out in front of Din and he takes it, "Theres a creature," I say through ragged breaths, "Has my kid."

As one Mandalorian helps me out the other jumps in to get the kid. Bo sits Din and the Mandalorian sits me next to him. "The Child help the child," Din begs Bo, his voice strained from all the coughing.

"Don't worry brother. We've got this."

Din places a hand on my thigh and squeezes as we both try to catch our breaths.

After a few agonizing moments, the Mandalorian jumps out with the pod in her hands. She kneels down next to us and rips off the lid of his pod.

She takes him out and hands him to me. I make sure he's alright and I hold him close to my side. Din reaches over to brush his ear before looking back at the Mandalorians, "Thank you. I've been searching for more of our kind."

"Well, lucky we found you first," Bo says.

"We've been quested to deliver this child I was hoping that..." Din stops speaking when they take off their helmets

Oh no

Din stands up getting in defensive mode, "Where did you get that armor?"

"This armor has been in my family for three generations."

"You do not cover your face. You are not Mandalorian."

"Mando," I say, stepping closer to him, "This is Bo-Katan, she was the leader of Mandalore. Last I knew of at least." I know he's wondering how I know her but he decides to ask later.