5. Bonding time

RILEY

Seriously, creepy much? 

I didn't even need to turn around to know who it was.

"Did you really stalk me and wait outside all night while I had sex with that guy, Lucien?" I wasn't sure if I was more shocked or angry, but I knew my hands were itching to punch him right now. He had no right not to do this, especially not after all the years that had passed.

"You think it was easy for me to listen to my little sister screwing a stranger like that? I'm a damn wolf, Aurelie- I heard everything that happened inside."

"What do you mean that you heard everything? Do you have listening devices with you? For your own safety, the answer better be negative, because I will not hesitate to beat the crap out of you if you turn out to be a perverted pig. I've had enough of dealing with those and I won't accept my own brother to be one of them too."

"Awww, you called me your brother. See, we are getting somewhere." He nudged me with a smile.

Was he for real? I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes as I took a deep breath to keep it cool.

"Is this your only take from everything I said? What the hell is wrong with you? You show up in my life after twenty-four years, you tell me things that I am still not convinced are real, you wait outside while I have sex with a guy I picked up in a bar, and then you tell me that somehow you heard everything we did- which part of all of this sounds like a normal person to you?"

Incredible. Maybe he really was an animal, seeing as I had to explain the basics of normal behaviour. 

I did not realise that I got so fired up about it all that I was practically up in his face, waving my finger like an outraged school teacher who was scolding the class prankster.

Yet Lucien was looking at me with a huge grin on his face like it was all extremely amusing to him, which was making me see red even more. If I was a cartoon character right now, volcanic bursts of flame were going to be coming out of my head.

"You truly are a Moreau — passionate and not taking shit from anyone, even an alpha. Just like her — our mum. Although, I have to admit that I remember little about her. But at least I had the pack to tell me stories."

Oh God, I just couldn't listen to all of that right now. I was standing in the middle of the street, wearing last night's clothes, and my make-up was all smudged. If my smeared lipstick didn't give away what I was up to, my tousled look was like a big neon saying "well-fucked". Definitely not the state to be in when you are told how much you resemble the mother that you never met. So I turned on my heels and started walking away. 

Before I could get very far, he ran after me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me to a halt.

"Hey, hey, Aurelie, I'm sorry! I don't mean to joke around about all of this, as I know everything is still new and confusing to you. You discovered a lot of things at the same time. Can we please grab a coffee so that I can explain everything to you and tell you about our family? Please?" He looked at me with his pleading blue eyes and that feeling of familiarity that I felt the first time I saw him at Adam's event was making it so hard to say no. The more I looked into his eyes, the more it felt like I was closer to home.

"Fine. One coffee! But it is six am on Sunday, so our only option is the Nespresso machine at my place."

It took us thirty very awkward minutes to walk back to my place, but I was happy when we got home because at least I was going to have a nice coffee in my hands for the rest of this conversation.

"So, where would you like me to start?" He asked as I was getting our drinks ready. 

The deep, rich smell from our coffees quickly filled up the kitchen, and I was finally feeling more awake. I joined Lucien at my kitchen table and passed him his espresso. I promised to give him one coffee time to talk, but I might have omitted the fact that only espresso counted as coffee in my house.