chapter six

grayson showered quickly, got dressed in a navy blue hoodie and got into his wheelchair to head into elles room. he was determined to not make it awkward.

"hey" grayson said as he entered the room, much to his surprise elle didn't say anything about before.

"yes! i'm so glad you came" elle squealed as grayson wheeled up beside her.

"i texted alec and told him you were going to be here too" elle said as lifted herself into a seated position.

"alice and owen are coming too" she said as grayson nervously looked around the room, it wasn't very often that he met new people.

"and are you okay with smoking?" elle asked grayson, who just nodded his head and gave a slight smile.

"i asked isaac to come but he was discharged today, isn't that great?" elle seemed excited but her mood faltered when grayson looked at her with a sad smile.

"yeah, it is" grayson didn't have the heart to tell her that they sent isaac home to die.

"hey i'm sorry i'm being weird, just nervous i guess" grayson looked to elle and plastered on a smile, it was hard when grayson knew that elle knew his biggest secrets.

"it's okay i get nervous with new people too, but everyone will be high" elle laughed as the door squeaked open, revealing a ginger who was probably about as tall as grayson before the accident.

then came a girl with long black hair who probably stood at barely 5'0 tall and was definitely already high.

the third guy to come through the door was about 5'10 with a mess of dirty blonde hair and blue eyes.

the ginger ran over to elle, kissing her as the dark haired girl rolled her eyes.

"i'm alice, you're hot" she said as she rested her elbows on graysons wheelchair.

"you're adorable" grayson replied and laughed when he looked into her bright red eyes.

"don't lead alice on" elle chimed in laughing as she playfully nudged graysons shoulder.

"she's right, he's more my type" grayson laughed and pointed to owen, who blushed and looked down at his own feet.

"emphasis on the he?" alice sighed, falling onto her butt as she pulled something out of her purse.

"emphasis on the he" grayson confirmed, making owen blush once again as he helped alice up.

"edibles?" alice offered but grayson shook his head, instead taking a cigarette.

"they drug test me" he answered as owen sat down in a chair across the room.

"what about elle, won't they test her?" alice sounded concerned, taking the edible that elle held in her hand.

"nah, i'm just special" grayson laughed and alice gave elle back the treat reluctantly.

grayson couldn't help but notice that owen didn't take anything either, sticking with a carton of cigarettes from his back pocket.

an hour later alice was laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling as the acid tabs she took finally started to kick in.

elle and alec has moved to the bathroom, and we're definitely doing something more than kissing.

grayson mustered up as much courage as he could to roll over to owen, who sat there with his eyes closed and headphones in.

"not joining in?" grayson asked owen as he took the headphones out.

"designated driver" he responded with a smile, nervously looking around.

"did i make you uncomfortable before?" grayson asked, he did kinda flirt with owen pretty aggressively.

"no, not at all" owen said quickly, blushing again at his feet.

"good, cause that wasn't my intention" grayson didn't know where the newfound confidence was coming from but he liked it.

"what was your intention?" owen asked, finally making eye contact with the cute boy who was obviously flirting with him.

"to flirt with you of course" grayson smiled, owen returned it and showcased two dimples on either one of his cheeks.

"what are you listening to?" grayson asked and gestured to the headphones that now lay on owens lap.

"here" owen grabbed an earphone and put it on graysons ear, grazing his cheek with his other hand.

JJ wilde started to play through the earphone, he wasn't expecting it from owen but he was definitely glad it wasn't shit music. that would have killed the mood instantly.

owen looked at grayson, who had his eyes closed and was leaning back in his chair. the lights were dimmed down and alice looked like she had fallen asleep.

as if on cue alec came out of the bathroom, holding elle in his arms and placing her on the bed. grayson eyes popped open and took the earphone out of his ear to go check on elle.

alec bent down to pick up alice, who moaned slightly and then laughed. she shushed herself and closed her eyes again, falling back asleep instantly.

"i guess we're off" owen whispered to grayson, slipping him a piece of paper before heading out the door.

grayson waited a couple minutes until it was clear, rolling across the hallway and into his room. he flicked on the lights and unfolded the ripped piece of paper.

owen - 347-208-7946

grayson laughed and pushed his wheelchair into the bathroom, brushing his teeth and changing into a lighter hoodie before climbing into bed not-so gracefully.

he stared at the number and smiled wider than he had in a year.