chapter sixteen

- 3 months later -

autumn wind came in through the open window, the grey curtains blew slightly to the left.

"gray, you still here?" a voice came from the other side of the room, a hand grabbed his shoulder lightly to snap his attention back.

"yeah sorry" grayson went back to the room, nodding to elle who was sitting on alecs lap on the beanbag chair in the corner of his bedroom.

"soo... where are you applying?" alice asked from the end of the bed, lying on her back and hugging a pillow.

"applying?" grayson asked, realizing he had been zoned out for quite a while and had no idea what they were talking about.

"college" alice flipped over on her stomach to take another cigarette from the carton lying on the bed.

"oh i'm not sure" grayson replied, laughing as owen put his arm around him and pulled him closer.

"we should go visit campuses this weekend" owen suggested as he took graysons cigarette out of his mouth and taking a drag.

"bree and i are going to NYU" alec said as he did a line of coke off brees leg.

"that leaves us and alice" owen said as alice sat up and walked over to the couch where grayson and owen were sitting.

"third wheeling again" alice joked as she flopped down beside grayson and started to fiddle with his hair.

"you need a haircut gray" alice said as she brushed it through with her fingers.

"are you sure i'm not the third wheel?" owen joked, declining the coke that alec offered and taking his arm off grayson.

"i've stolen your boyfriend" alice teased, taking a hair elastic off her wrist and tying graysons hair up into a tiny bun.

"what happened to jack?" owen asked as he pulled off his sweater and threw it over the arm of the couch.

"i broke up with him, he talked with his mouth full" alice laughed as she stood up again and walked to the bathroom backwards with a huge smile on her face, like she knew herself how ridiculous it was.

"hey, it's better when you broke up with that guy who poured milk before cereal" owen teased as leaned his head on graysons shoulder.

"tampon elle?" alice asked from the bathroom, elle rolled her eyes and looked to grayson.

"nope, gray you don't happen to have a sister?" elle asked as grayson got into his wheelchair and rolled toward the door.

"come with?" grayson asked owen as he got into his wheelchair, knowing aaron had some in the main bathroom for gracie but it was upstairs.

"two minutes" grayson said to alice through the bathroom door as rolled out of the bedroom with owen following straight behind with a huge smile on his face.

"want a ride?" owen teased as grayson stopped at the base of the staircase, and looked up with a huge smile.

"please" owen bent down and grayson wrapped his arms around his neck. owen leaned in for a kiss, their foreheads pressed against together and pulling away with a smile.

they walked into the bathroom and owen put grayson down on the counter as he crouched down and pulled a couple tampons from under the sink.

"how many does she need?" owen asked, baffled as he looked through the bucket.

"four?" grayson was just as confused, taking a random guess and stuffing the four owen handed him in his pocket.

"four it is" owen kissed grayson again and wrapped his arm around his back, lifting him on his hip and walking out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"is four enough?" owen asked as they rolled back into the bedroom and asked alice through the bathroom door.

"men are fucking idiots, how many vaginas do i have?" alice laughed as she opened the door, taking them from graysons hand and shaking her head.

"i've never seen one" owen said as he rolled onto the bed, teasing grayson as he flopped down beside him.

"you're missing out" alec joked as he tipped elles chin back and kissed her before helping her up and handing her her cane.

"don't talk about my vagina" elle laughed as alec walked so closely to her like she was a delicate piece of glass.

"we'll see you guys" alec said as they walked out of the room.

"bye alice!" he said as alice stepped out of the bathroom and sat down on the beanbag chair.

"let's go out!" alice jumped back up as soon as she sat down and grabbed her purse off the bedframe.

"where do you want to go?" grayson asked as he sat up and got into his wheelchair again.

"it's my turn to go grocery shopping, want to come with and then drop me off?" alice asked as she walked over to wen and tased him on his left side.

"fine bitch, but i'm driving" owen got up and tased alice back, laughing as she elbowed him in the gut.

alice hopped in the back of owens car, grayson got into the passenger seat as owen put his wheelchair in the trunk and then climbed into the drivers side and started the car.

the walmart was basically empty at 9pm, the parking lot had less than 20 cars in it and most of them were probably abandoned there a while ago.

alice hopped out of the car first and grabbed graysons wheelchair from the trunk, waiting for him to get in before grabbing the handles and pushing him forward.

"do you have a list ally?" grayson asked as they entered the store, the warm air heating up their cold fingers.

"uhh, yeah" alice dug around in her purse for a minute and pulled out a a crumpled piece of paper with about 20 items written down.

"i'll grab a cart" owen said as grayson rolled over to the side to let a family come through. the little boy stared at him as he walked by, even when he passed he looked over his shoulder.

"fan club" grayson said to alice when she looked at him and stepped in front to block the little boys glances.

"i'm the founding member" alice joked as owen came back with a cart and they headed towards the back.