The Funeral

I woke up by someone stepping on my stomach. I blinked confused to see who it was. Max where standing there, happy as always. I stroke his soft head and his engine immediately started to go. I smiled at him. his long fluffy fur was so soft.

It didn't take long before I got on my feet. I walked over to my suitcase and picked up the black dress I'd bring with me. I held it up. It reached just under my knees. It was pure black with blonds around the top of it.it had kind of 80'is style but I liked it.

I put it on and walked over to the mirror. A single tear was making its way down my chin, this time I didn't wipe it away. My eye's looked like glass, ready to crush it thousand pieces.

I didn't want to wear much makeup on today. I just put on some water proof mascara and made my way down to the kitchen. My mum was making egg and bacon when I came down; she was always making the best egg and bacon you could ever imagine.

"Mhh smells good" I said forcing a smile on my lips.

"Thank you dear" She stopped before she said

"Are you...okay?" she said smiling a weak smile.

I stopped smiling "I don't want to talk about it" I said short. Before I turned my back and sat down on a kitchen chair.

"Are you sure" she said putting a hand on my back

"YES!" I snapped, shaking her hand off my back. She jumped back a little. I could understand that, I usually never behave like this.

I walked over to her and gave her a big hug "I'm sorry mum, I shouldn't have done that" I said still hugging her.

"It's okay dear; I can understand why you're upset"

I pulled away and said short "yeah" while I wiped away a tear.

On the way to the funeral everyone was quiet, deep in our own thoughts

"Who are you?" a little boy walked over to me. I looked up; I didn't see much because of my messy brown hair.

Oh no, not the memories

I quiet said "I'm L-Liz" I was shaking. The only thing I where wearing was a blue dress that was by the way all messy and ripped up here end there.

I where too tired to hold back my tears, and started to cry silence.

"Why are you sitting out here, in the mud?" the little boy asked.

"I can't find m-my mum" I said shivering my teeth.

I quickly pushed away my thoughts; I couldn't bear to think about it. And we were by the way at the church.

I found my seat and looked down at my feet. There was no way I would look around me; the whole funeral-church thing was killing me. I hated it all.

I where sobbing thru the whole speech. Like it wasn't bad enough that he was gone, they made I worse with their words.

I was standing on a distance when we got outside. It wasn't before everyone was gone I walked over to the grave.

I broke down on my knees. I held my hands on my face, crying out load. I wiped away some of the tear's and put a flower on his grave. Whispering "I love you"

I just stared at it. Couldn't believe he was really gone. He was the only person I really had trusted, and now I just felt empty.

A hand on my shoulder made me jump

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scar you" my brother said

"It's alright Luke" I said standing up.

He hugged me and said "it's going to be okay. Just give it time" I pulled away

"yeah" I said short

"Now, come on. Let's go home" he said giving me a little push on my back.

Back at the house I packed my last things. The plane I was taking back to London where leaving in 4 hours, so I just finished and took my luggage downstairs.

I said my god byes and got to the airport, the flight went fast. I just wanted to forget everything so I just fell asleep.

The clock was about 8 when we landed, I was about to call for a taxi when I saw a familiar car. The door opened and a saw Tom walk out.

"Tom? What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"I thought I could pick you up" he said with a smile.

"You seriously didn't need to" I said blushing

"Awe, but I wanted to" he said smirking