chapter one

"Yunho are you ready?!" my dad yelled from downstairs.
Today was an important day, I finally got to meet the new girlfriend of my dad and her son. "Coming dad!".
I was dressed up but not much either, I put on an white turtle neck sweater and a grey chequered jacket since it's cold outside, with some black jeans and black vans, I put on some cologne to leave a good impression, I wanted this to work out for my dad, now that he is happy.
I finally was downstairs, shut the door and stepped in the car where my dad was already waiting. "Sorry I'm late." I said to my dad who just nodded 'no' meaning it was no big deal, I just smiled in return.

After about half an hour we arrived at an huge house, it was more like a castle to me. My dad chuckled as I just stood there, looking the house over and over again. He walked towards the door and rang the bell.
At this moment I became nervous, my dad looked at me and gave me a little smile just as the door opened. There stood a ladie in the doorway with an huge smile on her face, she was drop dead gorgeous. After she greeted my dad she turned to me, "Hi, you must be Yunho." I quickly nodded, then responded "Yes, nice to meet you". She smiled back and let us in.
Just as the outside, the inside of the house was pretty, white, black and wood like colors filled up the spaces.
I looked around in every space I was able to see while following the ladie. Not one was not pretty.

After a while we sat down at the dinning table. "Mingi love, come down will you?!" My dad's girlfriend shouted. "mingi" I thought in myself, that name sounds familiar.
Not even a few seconds later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. A tall figure appeared, his outfit cought my eye, he was wearing some ripped jeans and a sweater with multiple colours and patterns. I looked up and thought he looked kind of familiar.

"Hi" mingi said to me and my father, I politely said hi back. "So, Mingi this is Yunho, Yunho this is Mingi."
"Yunho?" Mingi questioned, "Ah! Yunho! I knew that name sounded familiar!" My dad and his mom looked confused so Mingi continued "Yunho and I we're together in primary school, weren't we?" Mingi looked directly at me with a little smirk on his face but i didn't know him, or don't remember him.

"Oh isn't that great!" Both our parents we're smiling at the fact that me and mingi already knew each other and talking about how great it was going to be.

"Mingi, why don't you show Yunho around?" Mingi's mom suggested. Mingi agreed and stood up from his chair. Automatically I followed him.
He showed me every space in the house, the toilets, bathroom, kitchen, living room, the bedroom of his mother and the guestroom. His bedroom was last, when he opened the door I could see some blue walls and a king size bed. Mingi let me in and closed the door behind him.
I turned around, now facing Mingi.
"So, how have you been doing my friend?" Mingi spoke. I was a bit uncomfortable because technically  i'm not his friend but decided just to go with "Good how about you?" Mingi nodded, "Good." he added.
Mingi stepped closer to me, whispered in my ear "Don't get the wrong idea, I still hate gays" he chuckled and leaves his room, leaving me alone.
All the memories I had forgotten by now all came back.
It started when I was six years old. Me and Mingi we're in the same classroom, ever since I had had a crush on him. One day I decided to tell him, I wish I never did because he called me terrible names and wished me the death. He used my secret against me, saying if I didn't obey he would tell everyone. I was scared, so did as I was told. He did terrible things inside and outside of school.
I remember one day coming back home with bruises here and there, crying in the arms of my dad.
It had been 11 years and Mingi was still homophobic.

It took me a while to get myself together but eventually ended up going downstairs, and went to the others.
I shook my thoughts and memories away and decided not to tell anyone about this because I didn't want my dad to find out, I didn't want to take his happiness away from him.
So I just sat there, saying some words here and there.

"So, Yunho, are you in college?" Mingi's mom asked. "Uhm, no actually I am modelling", I showed them my instagram account

 "Uhm, no actually I am modelling", I showed them my instagram account

"and beside that I am interested in music." I smiled after I finished. "Oh that's great! Mingi studies music!" She said happily, "He is in a school band.",  and so the conversation started which turned into another conversation wich lead to talking the whole evening.