Chapter 2: "Ultron?" (Age Of Ultron 2015)

"Thank you."

Those were the last words Rhythmus heard before he passed out in the lab. 

The next thing he knew, he woke up in a hospital bed with whom he recognized as Happy outside the door and his best friend, Peter Parker, along with his Aunt May was sitting in a chair next to the door.

"Dude?"

"Rhy? Oh my gosh, man! You okay?" Asks Peter.

"Yeah, I'm okay, man. My throat feels a little weird though." He says groggily. But then he comprehends what happened before he went out. "But it was the craziest thing! I got zapped by some lightning, and then I talked to some dude, and then I passed out."

He decided to not talk about his new powers to Peter, fearing that he, his Aunt May, or even their other best friend, Ned would understand them. Especially since he didn't even know what his powers were yet.

"That's insane! Happy called Aunt May-"

"Wait a minute. How long was I out?" He asks with a worried expression. 

"Bro, you were out for like, 3 hours."

"For something like that? That can't be right."

"I know, it sounds crazy, but Happy says it's been 3 hours since you got here."

"Well, thanks for coming, man. You too, May. You are a good friend. Don't forget to tell Ned when you see him that I survived." He says. "You leave important details out sometimes."

"We're glad that you're okay. Get well soon, Rhy." Says May. 

"Thanks you guys. I have no idea what I'd do without you. See ya Peter! Bye May." 

Right after they leave, Happy comes in and informs Rhythmus that his father is having a party at Avengers tower, and that being there would let him know if he was okay. 

"He wasn't gonna come see me? What was he doing that was so important?" He thought. Nevertheless, he shrugged it off, and after he was discharged, he saw that it was already dark outside. But in the back of his mind, he couldn't stop thinking about that voice he heard. 

And then, right in the backseat of the car, it happened.

"Yo." Said an unfamiliar voice in his head, making Rhythmus almost bump his head on the roof of the car.

"Who are you? And why are you in my head?" He asks mentally after regaining his composure. 

"I'm you, bro. Or, rather, a part of you. You can call me a Sound-Self, if you will. I'm your guide to using your brand new sound powers." He says in a voice very similar to Rhythms' own.

"Why do you sound like me?" He asks. 

"Well, I did say Sound-Self didn't I?" He responds.

"Hmm. That makes sense. Is there a way for me to see you? Make you visible?" He asks, curious of the new being living inside of him. 

All of a sudden, a ghostly clone of him appears in the seat next to him with his arm leaning against the seat, making him jump once again.

"Hey bro! I'm here. When I told you I was you, I wasn't kidding." He says with a smile. 

"Whoo! Please don't scare me like that. Ever again. (Though I do see the resemblance...)" He mutters. After a little bit of an awkward silence between the two, Rhythmus breaks the silence with a "lightbulb" moment. 

"I found a name for you!"

"And that would be..."

"S.S.A.M.I. (Sammy)!"