Chapter 3: We Have To Fight That? (Age Of Ultron 2015)

Rhythmus had just finished giving the run-down on his interaction with the gem, and his new powers, along with with his hopes of joining the Avengers as a new member. The vote was unanimous, but Tony, showing hesitation, allowed him. Rhythmus, still wondering what Ultron was, what his motives were, and why his dad had created it, was told by his dad that it would all be revealed. 

Rhythmus, content with that answer decided to sit quietly and listen to what the next move was, and their approach to destroy Ultron. 

"All our work is gone." Said Bruce sadly. "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve muttered in determination. He wanted to kick his ass.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha said after taking a look at all of the damage the AI left on the system in his wake. 

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey added.

"Nuclear codes." Interjected Hill.

"Right. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Said Rhodey.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Said Natasha, thinking that was a little bit overkill.

"He didn't say "dead". He said "extinct." Corrected Steve.

"He also said he killed somebody." Added Clint.

"There wasn't anyone else in the building." Hill said.

"Yes, there was." Said Tony, as he puts what looks like a destroyed globe in the center of the room. 

Bruce goes over to examine it and he's obviously in complete shock. "This is insane." He said.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Concluded Steve.

"That was J.A.R.V.I.S.? It looks destroyed." Rhythmus said from near the back of the lab.

"No, that can't be all. Ultron could have assimilated J.A.R.V.I.S. This isn't strategy, this is, rage." Bruce explains.

Out of nowhere, Thor comes in, grabs Tony by the neck, and hoists him up. Everyone has a silent panic after he does this, but Clint and Tony keep up their humor.

"It's going around." Says Clint, referring to the rage Bruce had mentioned.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony says.

"Thor! Stop!" Interjects Rhythmus, now fully awake.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor hissed.

"Thor. The Legionnaire." Steve says, wanting to know where it went, to hopefully lead them to Ultron. Thor, after having his little temper tantrum, puts Tony down.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor grumbles, clearly annoyed.

"It has the scepter? With that kind of firepower, that cannot be good." Rhythmus chimes in.

"Genie's out of that bottle, kid." Says Natasha. "Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand." Helen Cho had been pretty much silent the entirety of the night. Not to mention she has one of the greatest minds on the planet. To have her clueless definitely means something. "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" She asks Tony.

For some strange reason, Tony starts laughing. Bruce, knowing that this is probably going to go south pretty soon, tries to stop him, but Thor already caught him.