Chapter 6: Fight For The Upper Hand (Age Of Ultron 2015)

The Avengers are at the safe house, discussing how they're going to take on Ultron in Korea, off of the information that Rhythmus gave them. 

"Our objective, is to get that body before Ultron can upload." Steve says, getting his suit on.

"Long story short, distract and extract." Says Rhythmus  from the couch. 

"Strictly recon." Tony specifies. "I'll hit the NEXUS, and I'll join you as soon as I can."

"If Ultron really is building a body..." Steve thinks aloud.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Said Tony.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me." Steve joked. "For this one, I'll take Natasha, Clint, and Rhy. Rhy and I will distract Ultron, while the two of you get that body." 

"No way!" Tony interjects. "My kid is not fighting that thing. Ultron's trying to break me in particular. Giving him the opportunity to kill my son would be his next choice."

"Dad." Rhythmus says. "I'll be alright. He still doesn't know me, which means I'm our only wild card. At this point, we have an advantage." He says as he stands up. "I've got to go out there." 

Tony goes and hugs his son tightly. "Kick up that volume." He says, after breaking the hug. 

"You know I will." He replies with a smile. 

"Grab your gear." Steve says.

                                                         ~~~

Rhythmus and Steve jump out of the Quinjet in their suits near the U-Gin Lab, looking over the building. 

"Two minutes. Stay close." Steve says as he turns to his nephew. "Can you hear them?"

Rhythmus has his eyes closed, using his hearing to locate Dr. Cho. "Found her. She's on the seventh floor." He responds right as his eyes burst open. "She's hurt!" When they reach the lab, she has a large gash over her right shoulder, which Steve tries to put pressure on. She then grabs Rhythmus' arm.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She says. 

"Where?" He asks. 

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to your dad." She strains. 

"First we have to find it." Says Steve. 

"Go." Cho says, obviously beginning to lose consciousness.

"Sing me to her." S.S.A.M.I. says from inside Rhythmus' head. "I can keep her heart vibrating, stabilizing her for the time being." 

'That's a new one. Thanks, man.' Rhythmus responds as he sings a little bit, sending some of S.S.A.M.I. into Dr. Cho. "That should stabilize you for now. Call for help." Rhythmus says as Dr. Cho nods. 

Steve can't help but feel proud of how his nephew is stepping up to be a hero in such a short time. He still feels like he needs help in navigating the different feelings of failures in their job and how to process those things and not just learn from them, but learn to move past them. 'He'll come around eventually.' He thinks to himself.

As Rhythmus stands up, he has a determined look. "Let's go short his circuits." Steve nods, then goes to comms where Natasha and Clint are inside the Quinjet. 

"Did you guys copy that?" He asks.

"We did." Responds Clint. 

"Rhy, can you hear where they are?" Steve asks.