Farewell To Normalcy (Age of Ultron 2015)

The funeral for Pietro was a sad event to say the least. Wanda seemed more broken than on the day it happened, and she just wanted her best friend to be there with her. He was her only family she had left. 

Rhythmus had learned one of Sokovia's songs and sang it at the funeral, to which it got a good reception from all who was there; Steve, Tony, Natasha, Thor, Vision, and Wanda. It was the least he could do. 

About a week after the funeral, Clint had said he was taking a hiatus on being Hawkeye for a while, which saddened some of the Avengers, but they understood his decision. Tony was not far behind, as he said he needed some time to sort some things out after he created a homicidal interface that nearly destroyed all human life. 

The father and son were on their way to the New Avengers Facility, and Tony seemed to be deep in thought. 

"Dad. You okay?" Rhythmus asked.

"I don't know, buddy. I know I should take a step back, but I don't know what I should do with all that time. Maybe trying to reinstitute Prima Nocta is still on the table..." Tony said, earning a laugh from his son. 

"So. You sure this is what you want? It's your first mission, and it's gonna be dangerous." Tony asks. Rhythmus looks out the window and looks at the sky before he responds.

"Yeah. This is what I want." He responds right as they pull up to the facility. The two get out, and are met by Steve. 

"Hey." Steve says as Rhythmus gets his things out of the car. 

"Hey. We start today?" Rhythmus asked as he grabbed his things, Tony smiling all the while.

"Yeah. Get your gear on, and meet the others in hangar B." Steve says. Rhythmus turns and gives his dad a hug before heading into the facility. But right before he enters, Steve catches his shoulder. 

"You did good, kid. Good job." He says as Rhythmus gives one last look at his dad for confirmation before he truly becomes an Avenger. 

"Go." Tony says, and Rhythmus smiles before he heads inside.

~~~

After a brutal first day of training, Rhythmus had gotten out of the shower and was about to change into his yellow and black pajamas and to put it bluntly, he was tired.

He went out of his bathroom and sitting in his armchair was White Tiger.

"Gah! Don't, do that!" Rhythmus whisper-yelled.

"You didn't have your powers on." S.S.A.M.I. said.

"So, you're Rhythmus Stark, huh?" She asked. 

"Yeah... You know my identity, now it's time I know yours." Rhythmus said seriously. She showed some hesitation, but she took off her mask slowly, and showed her face. And when he saw her, she was gorgeous. 

'Good Odin, she's hot.' Rhythmus thought, not receiving an answer from S.S.A.M.I., but the Sound-Self was smiling.

"Ava Ayala. And I'm trusting you." She said. "Remember, these claws hurt."

"Noted. Question, how did you get in here?" Rhythmus asked, knowing the place had 'round the clock security. 

"Ridiculous stealth. It's one of my powers." She said. "You're a new enhanced. My um, "supervisor" is interested in you."

"Care to tell who this "supervisor" is?" Rhythmus asked.

"First name Nick, last name Fury." She said.

"Nick Fury. That means you're with S.H.E.I.L.D.?!"

"Yep." She said while standing up. "And what you need to know is that he's gonna need you pretty soon. You and your best friend. See ya Rhythmus."

"Please." Rhythmus said. "Call me Rhy." 

She smiled underneath her mask, and jumped out the window that Rhythmus didn't even realize he had open. 

'Wait a minute. Best friend- Did she mean Peter?" Rhythmus wondered as he frowned. He flopped down into his bed and got a simple "Gn" text from said best friend. Rhythmus smiled as he put his phone down and was about to go to sleep before he fell a sharp pain in his lower lip. 

"Ow, what the-" He said before he went to the bathroom mirror and lowered it, and saw something inscribed in it in blue writing. He didn't recognize the language, but it felt familiar somehow.

'No. Gotta think about the mission.' Rhythmus thought.

"First mission, bro. Looking forward to it." S.S.A.M.I. said in his physical form.  

"And we going to space!" Rhythmus said as he looked at the mission file on his bedside table it read;

"Xandar"

Rhythmus Stark will appear in "Guardians of the Galaxy"

A/N: Omg. We are at 225 reads at the end of Age of Ultron everybody! I am having so much fun writing this, and my dad actually started reading this too. Those conversations have been fun. We headed to space next with the Guardians next!