Who's "He"? (GOTG 2016)

"Sorry, just- You did what?" Rhythmus asked Rocket, Quill and Gamora, who had just described their run-in with the Destroyer. 

"You met this guy named Drax," He began. "He almost killed you," He said, motioning to Gamora, who nodded. "You told him not to kill her," He continued, motioning to Quill, who nodded as well. "And somehow you guys got him to help us with Ronan?"

"Yep. Pretty much." Rocket replied. 

"Wow. This is turning into one crazy first trip to space."  Rhythmus whispered to himself. "Uh, okay... Well if we're gonna take Ronan down, we gotta get out of this place first." He said, trying to think rationally.

"That's a first. Ronan's probably almost got what he needs." Gamora added, but immediately regretted saying it. And everyone else realized it too.

"What does he need? What's in that orb?" Peter asked, everyone was looking at Gamora, even though Rhythmus already knew what she was talking about.

After a short pause, Gamora responded. "I've said too much. Let's just find a way to get out of here." She said, clearly trying to get out of the conversation. Quill and Rocket looked at each other, and then went off to try to formulate a plan, giving Gamora a look before they went off. 

"I am Groot." Groot muttered as he walked past them, just enough so that Rhythmus and Gamora could hear him. 

"Chill." Rhythmus sighed in response, leaving him and Gamora alone. "We'll get out of your hair." Rhythmus says as he turned to leave. 

"Wait." She said, making him stop. "Before we move any further, you need to know something." Rhythmus turned to look at Gamora with his face looking like he was ready to listen. "... My family was slaughtered when I was 5 years old. The reason I survived was because the executioner of my people saw potential in me, his philosophy being that the universe will perish if there is too much life on it." She said, looking into space from the small window of the cell. "He trained me until my bones broke, and I was with him through the conquest of hundreds of planets, until one day something changed. It was about 4 years ago. He supplied an Asgardian with an army that could have easily conquered an entire planet, but they were stopped. The Asgardian called them the Avengers, and just a few weeks ago, they stopped another world-ending threat." She explained, with Rhythmus wondering where she was going with all of this. Gamora finally looked at the teen. "I know who you are. And so does he."

"Who's "he"?" Rhythmus asked. Gamora showed hesitation before responding to him.

"My father. His name is Thanos." She said, a hint of fear in her voice. Rhythmus knew he must be tough, because even in the short time he knew Gamora, he knew she wasn't scared of a lot. "He knows the Osprey. He's seen visions of a teenager with wings standing over his defeated body. If there's one thing my father does not tolerate, it's defeat, and the Infinity Stones are the only thing between him and his vision." Making the teen realize what he is as Gamora looked at him with desperation and sharpness.

"If he finds you, he'll kill you." 

There he was. A scared, young, 14 year old kid who was just told he's got a reputation with someone who wants to wipe out half of all life. 

"Thanks for letting me know, Gamora." He said, taking in what she said. "Hooo.... That's uh..." He stuttered, trying to comprehend it. 

"I'm gonna hit the hay, preferably somewhere someone can't shank me while I'm sleeping. Gotta be ready for when we try to get out of here." He said. "Tell the others I said goodnight." He said, before spreading his wings. But they immediately went back in. He turned back to Gamora, and his eyes were teary. Gamora wasn't sure how to deal with emotions like this, nor how to support someone who was feeling them. After all, she was raised as a ruthless cybernetically enhanced warrior for a genocidal leader. 

"Good night." She said before leaving. 

Rhythmus let her leave. He needed to be alone with his thoughts for a while. He spread his wings again, and held onto his tears with all his might until he got to the highest point in the prison. He retracted his wings, and broke down. His mind was scattered, unsure of when the entity that Gamora had told him about would come. If he had been able to conquer as many worlds as Gamora had said, he certainly wasn't a fool. He'd strike when all of his plans were aligned, not leaving any loose ends, and certainly not planning on leaving him alive. 

"Thanos." That's a name that would stick.

A/N: Sorry for not updating this story for a while. Been busy. Still love y'all tho!❤️