15 | Not Discuss It

"Yeah I admit we got issues
Most of em, we can't explain em
I don't know how to deal with em
So let's put em all on the table
Or we can not discuss it,
let's just argue bout it later on,
Or we can just continue making love
until we're dead and gone"
- St. Beauty

"You hear that swish?" I teased Gabe while shooting another three

"You hear that swish?" I teased Gabe while shooting another three. Gabe has been holed up in the house with me throughout the entire weekend after the entire fiasco with my parents. Since he starts filming tomorrow I decided to push myself out of my cocoon and come outside with him. We're currently at a park in the neighborhood Gabe grew up in, playing a random game of HORSE. Seeing as his parents never moved out of the neighborhood we thought it would be fun to get some fresh air before going to pick up Brae.

"A product of me, mami. That's all it is." I laughed and bounced the basketball over to him.

"Please. I've sat through enough practices and drills to know what I'm doing."

"Key word is sat." He sent me a wink before sending the basketball straight through the hoop. There were cheers and laughter coming from the kids in the mini stands. The reason Gabe prefers this park is because everyone in this neighborhood knew him before he became famous. Regardless of the attention he gets when he's here, they still leave him alone. He doesn't have to worry about people running up to him asking for pictures and autographs every five seconds.

"You know what, how about we just race then?"

"Nah, you know how my hamstring be acting up and you're ranked in the top five fastest people in the country. Stop trying to embarrass me out here." He bounced the ball to me and i caught it while twisting my body so I could shoot the ball. It circled around the rim before falling off to the side.

"My form was off." I defended while grabbing the ball and tossing it over to him.

"You should start training with me."

"You have to train with people on the same level as you, babe. I'm not about to be the reason you're trash on the court next season." I watched as he turned around from the free throw line and shot the ball in the opposite hoop. "Prime example." He started laughing as one of the little kids tossed the ball back over to him.

"I'm not asking you to train with me on the court. I do that shit with the team. I mean my training to prep for the season. You remember how we used to do it when we first moved in together?" I smiled at the memory. It was so hectic at first since we both had chaotic schedules, but it eventually became second nature. Protein smoothies for breakfast, with a wheatgrass shot. Meal prepping each week for lunch and even dinner, because that's how busy we were. Some nights we would even do late night workout sessions.