16

400 reads, thank you to all of you who've supported me. It may not seem like much when looking at bigger stories, but I know this is only the beginning for this story so thank you so much, I really hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Word count: 4384 

Louis' POV

So far, Harry and I have been living together for a month now and it's been, interesting to say the least. 

Don't get me wrong, I have so been enjoying my time with Harry, I honestly wouldn't want to live with anyone else and there's been so many great things about living with him. For instance, he has taught me how to cook quite a bit since we moved in together. I went from not being able to boil water without burning down the house, to making an actually decent dinner. It's also just been nice being with him, falling asleep in his arms, waking him up with tea in the morning, whispering 'I love you' too each other as if they were secrets, late night conversations, movie nights, walking to our home together. It has all been so amazing. 

That is, until recently. 

Like I've mentioned, I've enjoyed living with Harry, but recently he's been so busy that it doesn't even really feel like we're living together. The boxing gym that Harry had worked at in his hometown had just opened up a second location in London, and they immediately asked Harry to take a job as a trainer. The job itself paid well, well enough where we could easily afford rent and groceries off his paychecks (which we were able to afford anyways thanks to our mothers being concerned for us and our finances and sending money every month) but he worked crazy hours. 

Some days, I wouldn't see him all day. He'd leave in the morning and not come back until that night, slipping into bed as I'm on the brink of sleep. He'd wrap me in his arms and press a kiss to my cheek before falling asleep, only to be gone before I'm up the next day. 

I know this might be my paranoia, but I can't help but wonder if he's actually working that whole time. My mind has played plenty of scenarios where he isn't at work and he's seeing someone behind my back. I try not to think of that, because I know if I do I'll find myself sobbing into a bag of potato chips while watching some romcom which is the last thing anyone needs, but I still can't help those thoughts from drifting into my mind. 

Why wouldn't he cheat on me? Finn thought I was easy enough to use. He had told me several times before Harry got to me how I was a slut and Harry would just leave me eventually, he wouldn't want someone as young and disgusting as me. 

And perhaps Finn was right. 

So, these are the thoughts I find myself with as I sit at our dinner table like I am now. I try to hold back a whimper as these thoughts play through my head. Luckily, my thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the oven timer going off, signaling our dinner's done. I jump from my spot and go to stop the timer. I open the oven and take out the pan. Tonight I made something special for Harry and I. We had just passed our 9 month anniversary last week, and although we agreed not to do anything special, I wanted to have a nice night with Harry since he'd be home early. I smiled as I remember the night of our anniversary. I had waited for Harry to get home that night, which wasn't until almost midnight. He brought home takeout from a 24 hour Chinese place and he was stood between my spread legs, me on the counter top in our kitchen. 

"Can you believe it my love? 9 months." Harry had said with a shake of his head. 

"I know, crazy that I could put up with you that long," I joked which earned me a glare as he flicked a piece of broccoli at me. "I'm teasing baby, I've enjoyed my time with you," I cooed and kissed him softly. He smiled up at me and before pressing his cheek to mine.