7 | Small Blade

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 3515

"That's it..."

The cadets sat next to each other in silence, terrified by the giant creatures outside the HQ staring at them through the windows. They had placed all of the tables in the room into a circle to cover them as they sat close to each other behind them, trying to do their best to survive.

"We're done for..."

A girl glanced over one of the tables, before she screamed at the top of her lungs as a giant hand broke through the wall. Shattered glass and pieces of stone flew across the room as the cadets immediately took off, trying to get out of the room before the titan's fingers could reach them.

The area outside the HQ was swarming with titans. Some of them were climbing up the building, trying to get to the top where the biggest group of people were staying. Another crowd of cadets were gathered inside one of the rooms: they had been staying inside the building for the whole time the fight had been going on. The air was filled with their pathetic cries and wails as they waited for something to happen, scared stiffless.

"All right!" one of the cadets said with a rather cheerful tone, looking at the readied gun in his hands.

The girl sitting next to him turned her head, staring at him as he opened his mouth, and placed the gun barrel inside. "What good is that gonna do?" she asked, widening her teary eyes as he took a deep breath, and pushed the trigger.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N) landed on the rooftop under her with a loud thud, and took a moment to look at the scene around her. The cadets weren't that far away from her anymore, but there was something on her mind. Something wasn't right.

'Why...? They must have heard the bell that signaled a temporary evacuation... Why isn't everybody scaling the Wall?!'

She looked closely as the people shouted at each other with their faces twisted in anger, pointing at the HQ at the other side of the city. A strong wind blew across the sky as the girl turned her head to the direction, and gasped as she saw the state it was in.

'Ah! That's...!'

Her head quickly turned back to the cadets as she heard a familiar voice coming from there, that she later recognized to be Jean's.

"Shit!" the boy exclaimed as she sat down on the roof, holding his head. "What do we do?!"

(Y/N) glanced over her shoulder at her squad, that was standing right behind her. She signaled with her hand for them to follow her, and started running towards the cadets further away. She used her gear to move through the air, and wobbled slightly as she landed right in front of Jean, scaring the boy by her sudden appearance.

"Guys! Why aren't you climbing up the Wall?!" (Y/N) asked instantly, using her finger to point at the people around her. "What's wrong?!"

"There isn't anything to do..." Jean muttered, staring at his feet. "The order to evacuate finally came, but we're out of gas! That's why. If I had the chance, I would've already left this Hell! But I guess we're all dead, thanks to those cowards!"