23 | The Female Titan

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 3262

As his horse galloped its last through the level landscape, Armin looked at the spare horse's rein in his grasp. The female type titan kept running after him, with a possible intention of finishing him off. Letting go of the leather reins with a dramatic shove, he watched as the stallion galloped away from him. "Go!" he yelled, scared the horse might get crushed under the titan's feet. At least he could save it by letting it go.

Staring at the ground as a large shadow was cast over him, the blond's eyes slowly moved upwards to face the titan. Time seemed to slow down as he made a long eye contact with the being, his heart skipping a beat. He gulped as he then looked at the giant feet ready to step on his body.

'What is its... No, what is their goal...?'

As everything returned to normal, his horse screeched as the titan's feet came down, pieces of dirt and rocks flying everywhere as it made contact with the ground. Armin screamed as he fell of his horse, flying away in the air from the impact. Grunting as he finally landed on his left side with a few rolls on the ground, he coughed from the dust. He could hear his horse's hooves disappearing into the distance.

Slowly trying to lift himself up by his hands, he struggled. The rough landing had hurt, that was clear. Feeling the ground suddenly rumble under him with a loud thump, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Everything had suddenly turned silent as he stayed still, holding his breath as his gaze bore into the ground. The titan was there, kneeling before him. He knew it. A dark shadow was seen over him. He could feel the titan's eyes and the burning stare on him, on the back of his head.

Hearing something shift, his entire body tensed. The female titan stretched their hand outwards as it slightly leaned forward, fingers hovering over Armin's fragile body before clasping his hood. Armin hadn't even noticed the hood on his green cape falling over his head.

As his hood was slowly lifted up, he lifted his face up at the same time. Being met with the titan's own facial features, he felt his whole body starting to faintly shake from the ice cold stare he was given. He could hear the heavy and warm breaths coming out of the titans mouth very clearly. He felt as if he heard, saw and felt everything all at the same moment, yet all he could focus on was the majestic beast in front of him. The moment was terrifying, making his entire guts twist in a horrible way.

As the two kept their eye contact, slowly, the female titan let go of his cape. They slowly stood up from the kneeling position as the ground rumbled, before running away from the spot. The ground shook in a steady rhythm from its steps as Armin stayed put, staring at its smallering form as the titan slowly disappeared behind the trees and abandoned buildings.

"You're not... Going to kill me?" he asked, his voice laced with fear and shaking as if he was about to cry any second, "What was that...? It grabbed my hood..." His hands slowly touched his head, his fingers grabbing his hair as he slowly pulled on them. "My face...? It checked my face...?"

"Armin!"

His attention was caught by a set of hooves hitting on the ground, approaching him with speed. Gasping as he heard his name being called, he turned around, "Reiner!"

The buffer male rode over to him. "Hey, can you stand?!" he asked the blond, but quickly shook his head, "Never mind... Let's get you on a horse. There's no way you'll survive outside the Wall without one! Hurry!"