14 | Primitive Desire

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 3031

(Y/N) ran along the rooftops as fast as she could, the sight before her making her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach. Far too many soldiers had already been killed by the titans, and and far too many were being eaten even as she was running.

Ian watched as the titan fell onto its stomach on the rooftop, the building under it close to collapsing as the soldier in its hand was finally freed. Blood was splattered around the limp body as a few lines of the crimson liquid flowed from the fresh cut in the nape, his head turning to face his comrade as he panted.

"We got one..." he muttered between his rapid breaths, looking around for the rest of their squad.

"It finally croaked?! Son of a bitch!" his comrade swore, looking back at the scene.

But something was still wrong. Ian was quick to notice the danger lurking behind them, yelling almost instantly when he saw the grinning face staring back at him, "One more's coming from below! Dodge!"

The two quickly jumped away from the spot, and just a second after, the titans hand had slammed down on the roof. Red tiles flew everywhere as Ian quickly started giving orders, "Keep your distance for now! Mitabi's squad, form up!"

"(Y/N), reporting!" the girl quickly yelled, running past him, "I'm joining up with Squad Mitabi!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Eren! Wake up!"

Armin's voice was already hoarse from all of the shouting, the pain in his throat increasing every second as he banged his fists against the nape. He knew he couldn't stop, he couldn't stop something he had already started. Besides, he knew he had already caught Eren's attention.

Eren needed to wake up. He needed to plug up the hole. He just had to.

"You're in there, aren't you?! Eren?!" he yelled again, "If you stay in there, the titans will kill you! Everything will end here!"

Eren groaned, pulling the blanket around him closer as he turned to look at Armin behind the thick glass.

"Armin... I still have no idea what you're talking about... Why do I have to go outside?" he muttered with a tired voice.

He turned away from the blond, staring at his little feet as he was deep in his thoughts, "That's right. Why bother going outside...? Why bother joining the Survey Corps...?"

Even though (Y/N) had promised to keep the titans away from Eren with Mikasa, Armin couldn't help but feel a small sense of fear inside him as he lied against the titan's nape. It had suddenly turned extremely silent around him as he carefully thought about his next words.

"Eren..." he started, his voice suddenly quiet, "Someday, we're going to explore the outside world, aren't we...?"

Even though he couldn't see nor feel the brunet, he knew Eren now had his full attention on only him after that sentence.