9 | The Beating of a Heart Can Be Heard

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 4147

The whole world seemed to shake as another titan launched itself at the abnormal in the signs of an attack, trying to finish it off. But its opportunity for a kill quickly vanished as the titan suddenly turned around, grabbed its arm, twisted it, and threw the whole titan over its shoulder.

The titan's giant body crushed the smaller titan's under its weight as it rolled on the ground, slowly getting itself killed as the abnormal glared at it. It turned around as it looked between the other titans around it, waiting for the next attack as its hand slowly started healing itself.

(Y/N) glanced at the ceiling once again, worry etched on her features. Dust and pieces of stone fell down as she clenched her hands into fists, turning her gaze back down. The whole room was under such pressure, that it wouldn't be a big surprise if the roof suddenly crashed down. Everyone seemed to be nervous about the fight happening back up on the ground.

"It'll be okay..." Connie said as he noticed the tension in the room, placing his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. "That titan's stronger than the average titan. As long as its throwing down with the other ones... This building itself should be relatively safe."

"Yeah..." the girl muttered, slowly nodding her head.

"How much do you four know about that titan?" Reiner suddenly asked, moving closer to the two.

"Shouldn't we talk about that after we're out of harm's way?"

"...You've got a point... Safety first..."

The door suddenly flew open as a group of cadets stepped in with small, wooden crates in their hands. Everyone turned around to look at them as they placed the crates down, wiping sweat off their foreheads.

"Found 'em! Military Police Brigade supplies, although covered in dust," Jean exclaimed, grabbing a gun from one of the boxes. He walked over to the map spread out on the floor as everyone slowly started getting a gun for themselves, following his lead and gathering around the map.

"Will buckshot even do anything...?" the boy mumbled, sitting at the opposite of Armin, "I mean, using guns against titans?"

(Y/N) could feel how Armin and Mikasa exchanged glances after Jean's words as she sat next to the blond, taking a moment to look at the map.

"I think it's a lot better than having nothing," Armin said, "And even with this degree of firepower, it isn't impossible to incapacitate the eight 3-4 meter class titans that are occupying the supply room, and all at the same time."

"First... We use the lift to lower the most of us from the centre of the ceiling. If those seven titans are "normals", a large number of people should be enough to draw them to the centre of the room. Next, the people in the lift will fire at the seven titans' faces simultaneously... Thus, robbing them of their vision. And then..." He moved his eyes from the map to the people around him, making sure everyone was listening and on track of his plan. "The next instant will decide everything. Seven people hiding near the ceiling will swoop down in time with the firing and slash the titans' vital spot. In other words, everything rides on this one attack. All of our lives are at stake. The point is for seven people to kill seven titans in one stroke and all at once.