24 | Where The Birds Flock

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 2433

(Y/N) looked down at the horse under her, gazing at it softly as she slowly blinked. God knew how long she had been going into the same direction, all alone with only the company of two horses. However, she was glad it had been like that. Even though she knew she was totally capable of taking one down herself, she wasn't sure what she would do if a titan crossed paths with her.

That statement was put to test as she felt the ground under her horse rumble. Lifting her head up to look around frantically, she tried to find the source of the said phenomenon. In the distance, was a titan. Seemed like a normal one, fortunately, for it only after a few seconds after noticing her started sprinting towards her instead of continuing towards its destination.

Looking around her surroundings, (Y/N) frowned.

'What's the titan doing all the way over here...? Shouldn't the scouting Teams in the right flank have taken care of it? Talking about the right flank, where are they?'

Slowing down on her horse, she stopped beneath the shade of a tree. Letting go of the spare horse's reins, she looked into the distance. The titan was getting closer, and no squad stationed nearby were showing up. Pulling on the reins of her horse, she clicked her tongue as a cue for the stallion to start moving forward. Pulling out her blades as she galloped towards the over 10-meter beast, she glared at it.

"Guess I'll do it myself."

Jumping off her horse as she shot her wires, she zoomed over to the titans face. Raising her blades to cut into the titan's eyes, she sped past its face from left to right, blood spurting out of the altogether perfect cut. Its hands were moving around uncontrollably as it tried to grab her, having a hard time trying to find the thing that just blinded it.

Before the titan could even register her next attack, (Y/N) had already cut its nape. Falling to the ground as the girl landed on its back like it was a mattress, the titan had died. Wiping the hot blood off her face, (Y/N) quickly jumped down. Putting away her blades, she placed her fingers in her mouth, whistling to get her horse to return.

She grinned as only after a few seconds she heard the approaching sound of hooves clopping against the ground, wiping spit off her fingers. As her horse stopped in front of her, she petted its shoulder. But her attention was suddenly caught by another set of a horse's footsteps.

Screeching as it ran over to her, a horse kept leaping up and down on its feet. Lifting her hands up in defense as she slowly approached the animal, (Y/N) looked at it with a confused look, "Woah! Calm down, calm down... What're you doing over here?"

Placing her hand on its mane as the horse quieted down, she took a hold of its reins. Leading it back to her horse before she hopped on her own horse, she slowly pulled it beside her as she started cantering forward.

'What's someone's horse doing here...? I mean... I guess there was a titan fight somewhere in the right flank, but I thought these horses were trained to not get scared by big things like that...'

In the distance, she could see the spare horse she was assigned to look after standing at the same spot she left it, eating grass in peace. She let out a tired exhale, rolling her eyes sarcastically.