- Chapter Three -

You blinked at the cowering brunet to your right. "Kill you? Why would I kill you?" You huffed. You were speaking a little harshly, but the adrenaline was still coursing through your veins and you were reacting more dramatic as a result.

"You just killed those guys!" The guy gripped the steering wheel tight, back rigid and muscles tense in fear.

"They tried to kill me first!" You retaliated. "Unless you plan on pulling a knife on me, I can assure you, you're fine." He relaxed at that. You settled into your seat, letting the sound of the car racing along the highway calm your still pounding heart.

Looking around, you were surprised the car was even able to go as fast as it was. It was an old piece of junk, that was the first thing you could see. You could see its past splendor in the leather seats and sleek shape that would have been all the rage a couple decades ago. The leather seats were all cracked and itchy now, and there were curious stains that littered the carpets. The engine clanked and rattled every now again, but you thought best not to ask lest you jinx yourself.

You watched as the guy beside you flicked his eyes between you and the road a couple times before opening his mouth again. "So who even were those guys, and why were they trying to kill you?"

You frowned. "I kinda killed one of their friends." You mumbled, but the guy heard you well enough.

"You killed someone else!" He yelled, tensing up in his seat again, though he didn't take his eyes off the road.

"He tried to kill me first as well!" You defended yourself, flailing your hands around helplessly. 

"Why are all these people trying to kill you!" He cawed, eyes wide and frightened.

"I didn't ask them to kill me!" You shouted and the guy beside you cringed away a little when your hand got a little too close to his face.

"Can you please stop waving that gun around!" He yelled and you groaned through your teeth. You didn't bother to tell him it wasn't loaded, you just shoved it back in it's holster to shut him up.

"Jesus, why'd you have to go and jump in like that!" You hissed through your teeth.

"What are you talking about, I saved your life!"

"No you didn't! You just put both of us in a lot more danger!" His intervention was more dire to him than he could have known. "They've bloody seen you with me now! I hope you don't intend to go anywhere important in the next few weeks because now they're gonna be chasing after you too." You grumbled, your annoyance was becoming an unstoppable storm within you.

"W-What?" He whispered meekly. You looked over and saw that his face had paled even further, if that was possible.

"Those people are on the lookout for me. They saw you try and save me and watched me run off in your car, they probably think you're helping me."

"W-Well what does that mean?" His fingers fiddled on the steering wheel.

"It means if they catch you, they won't hesitate to kill you to get to me." You told him the truth honestly, but you really did feel kind of bad for him. He was probably trying to do a good thing, he just got himself in a bad situation. Really bad.

You crossed your arms over your chest petulantly, not extremely happy about your current situation either. In the ensuing silence you found the time to actually look at your so-called 'saviour' properly. He was taller than you, but only by a centimetre or two, and had mop of messy brown curls atop his head. He was wearing a jacket, but you could clearly see he was well built under his clothes. Now that you actually took the time to look at him fully, it didn't fail to pass your attention that he wasn't too bad on the eyes.