- Chapter Ten -

Chan jolted in his seat, vaulting out of the car at a speed that had you immediately doubling over in laughter.

"I'm sorry, alive?" Chan practically screeched. "Did you just say alive?" His prior awe at the sight of the vehicle was absolutely destroyed. He now bounced on the balls of his feet like he was going to sprint out of the storage shed at the slightest move from the car. He was looking at you genuinely concerned, but you were still busy laughing your ass off.

"Oh my god," You managed to breath out a few words between fits of laughter. "Chan, it's okay, it's not going to hurt you." You assured him but his face only scrunched up, uncertainty evident. "When I say alive I mean more like... a plant or something. It can't speak or move on it's own, it just has it's own sort of conscience." You explained.

Chan didn't look any more at ease, and he seemed to physically shrivel inside himself when he forced his butt back down on the seat. "This is so weird." He whispered.

"Don't say mean stuff, she doesn't like it."

"What?" Chan's voice cracked and you burst into laughter again, your stomach aching now.

"Come on Sandy, let's get out of here." You could almost hear Chan whimper as you started up the car. The engine rumbled to life, the sound akin to that of deep human grumble. Chan squished his eyes shut, and clutched his seatbelt for dear life. You smiled wickedly as you set the car into gear and eased out of the storage shed.

It was slightly tricky navigating your way out of the compound in a car, especially in the dark, but once you were out on the road, your body was simply drowning in satisfaction. After driving Chan's junky old car, and then the stupidly beat up pick up truck, sitting behind the wheel of this car was one of the most beautiful feelings you'd ever had.

The car thrummed underneath your body, as if in answer to your own energy, an electricity zapping through your body and all the way into the tips of your fingers and toes. You could feel the conscience of the car, know her emotions, per say. The car, too, was brimming with a sort of excitement and relief at being back on the roads after having been cooped up so long in storage. Changbin was a criminal for keeping her locked away for so long.

"Chan, you can relax, nothing is going to happen." You said when you noticed he was still all tensed up in his seat. The colour of his face had you worried he was going to upturn his lunch at any moment. He looked over to you, and though he clearly still looked uneasy, he let go of his seatbelt and relaxed in his seat. You could see in his eyes that he was still terrified, but you were sure over time he would get used to the feeling.

"Look, we're not too far from where we need to be, and we'll make a pit stop in at my house to stay the night so you can have a break." Chan looked a little more relieved at that.

"Your house? I thought you wanted to avoid your parents?"

"It's our manor house. We used it when we were on 'holidays'," you explained, "Although, our holidays were really just when my parents had meetings out of town, but still we spent about half our childhood there. The house hasn't been used in years, so no one will be there. I just need to pick up some stuff I left there."

"Right," Chan nodded. "Is that far off?" You laughed again at his eagerness to get out of the car.

"No it's not, maybe an hour or two."

Chan nodded and sighed, slouching a little further into his seat. You couldn't understand his reproach to the car. It was simply wonderful to drive. Despite it's age, everything was in top notch condition, the seats were comfortable, and the air conditioning worked perfectly, which you couldn't say for either of the other cars. It drove like a dream, the wheels whispering over the road, and gliding around corners. You knew Changbin wouldn't be happy, but you were not giving her back.