- Chapter Seven -

You had fallen asleep some time in the early morning. You had been tossing and turning all night, sleep hovering just above you, but slipping from your grasp whenever you tried to reach for it. Unconsciousness eventually claimed you, and the darkness rushed in. But you were awoken abruptly when a startling crash sounded somewhere nearby.

You laid there for a few seconds, the hazy sleep confusion clearing from your mind. You sat up in bed, looking around your room. You were about to lay back down and go to sleep when another crash came ringing through the room. You frowned. It was coming from right outside your room. More specifically in the direction of... Chan's car.

You threw the covers off your body, not caring you were still in your pyjamas, hair still messy and knotted from sleep. You yanked the front door open and were met with the sight of someone standing on top of Chan's car. She was wielding a baseball bat and looked you right in the eyes as she brought it down, crashing right through the windshield.

"Are you shitting me?" You screamed. "Can I not get two minutes of fucking sleep!"

She scowled at you, dark skin gleaming under the morning sun. Her lips pulled back to reveal a mouth full of sharpened teeth, and even from here you could see the stark yellow of her eyes. She must have been from the same pack as the other two werewolves you ran into at the diner. Indeed, parked behind her was the battered pick up truck that you had parked right next to just days ago.

The commotion must have stirred Chan from his sleep, as a few minutes later he came stumbling out of his room. Your heart fluttered a little when you saw him there, hair messy and face still puffy from sleep. The feeling vanished when you saw how distraught he looked. The werewolf on his car smirked evilly, delighting at Chan's despair. She raised her bat again, preparing for another swing, but you were tired and not having any of this.

You lifted a lazy hand, letting a shred of your power come flying out. Within seconds it barreled into the werewolf, and sent her flying off the car. She sailed through the air for a few seconds, face slack in surprise before she hit a nearby fence. She hit it with smack and dropped to the ground, but her werewolf strength kicked in. She slowly clambered off the ground, a low growl sounding from her throat.

You didn't want to make the same mistake you made at the diner, so you used what resources you had left. You raced over to her before she could stand to her full height again. You landed a hard punch to her stomach, making her double over. Then you got behind her, wrapping your arm around her neck until her oxygen cut off.

She started thrashing around, trying to throw you off her back, her ridiculous strength making it hard for you to hold on. "Chan! Hold her down!" Chan looked at you for a second before rushing over. Chan was a pretty muscular guy for a human, and though his strength didn't measure up to a supernatural being, he still managed to hold the werewolf down.

She continued to throw herself around trying to free herself from your grip, fingers clawing at your hands and arms. Eventually her movements slowed, and her strength sapped as she slipped out of consciousness. When you were sure she was fully knocked out, you released your grasp. You and Chan were both still for a moment, expecting her to jump up again and attack you. But she didn't. She laid there, unmoving, but still alive.

You weren't consumed by the all-encompassing rage that had taken hold of you at the diner, so you managed to feel a little guilty for her, but she also had it coming. With the threat compromised, you turned your attention to Chan's car. Shit. It looked like she'd managed to get in a handful of damage before you'd awoken. Half the windows were smashed in, glass littering the seats of the car. The middle console on the inside was now just a mess of wires, and you had no idea where the steering wheel went.