- Chapter Thirteen -

The gates of the graveyard were cold and rough under your hands. Despite the time of night, you rattled the gates noisily, trying to force them open. When it had gotten dark enough, you and Chan had come back to the town, and found the graveyard.

It was fenced around on all sides by seven foot cast iron gates, equipped with spikes on the tops to halt any intruders from climbing their way over. Or to keep in whatever was inside there. You thought the gates would have been open considering the fact that it was a graveyard, and this town wasn't particularly one that cared so much for the dead.

But the gates were locked shut, some type of hex or spell keeping the large swinging gates tightly closed against each other. "Can you like, magic it open?" Chan asked when you finally gave up on trying to shake it open.

"I mean, I can try." You said. You didn't know what the gates had already been enchanted with to keep them shut this tight, so it was risky, but there weren't many other options. You wrapped your hands around the bars again, but this time you laid them still.

It had been a long time since you'd used any spells, and you had to search through your mind for the right incantations that would give you what you needed. Eventually you had the spell in your mind, and you focused on that well of power within you, dragging up only the bare necessity. You chanted the spell in your mind, forcing your power into your hands. It was taking you longer than it should have seeing as you were out of practise, but eventually you managed it.

With one final big rush, your power rushed from your hands, and the spell shot into the gates. As soon as your power hit the iron, it bounced right back, smacking right into your chest and knocking you on your ass.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" Chan said, already rushing over to help you to your feet.

"Shit, yeah, I'm fine, but it didn't work." You hissed.

"You know that none of your spells are going to work right?" Both you and Chan started at the voice that sounded out of nowhere.

You squinted your eyes. Behind the gate a figure was beginning to form. It was slowly fading into existence, a blur of white solidifying into the shape of a person. It was a young guy, shaggy hair falling in his eyes as he clutched the bars of the gate from the other side.

"Oh," you whispered, "You must be the ghost Minho told me about." You said, remembering the advice Minho had given you back in the bar.

The ghost frowned. "I have a name, you know. I might be dead but you don't get to be rude." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"O-Oh, no, I'm sorry, I didn't think-"

"No, you magical folk never do. It's all 'look at my powers, I'm so cool', but really you're all just rude." The ghost spat. Minho wasn't kidding. This guy was going to need some serious charming to let you inside the graveyard. You already had a response brewing in your mind, but Chan beat you to it.

"I'm so sorry, perhaps we can start again," Chan said, stepping forward and flashing his charming grin. "My name is Chan, this is Y/N, what's your name?"

"Jeongin." He said after a brief second. "You're not magic." He stated.

"Yes, that's right. I, uh, I got swept up in this magical world a few days ago." He explained simply.

"Was it her fault?" Jeongin scowled over to you and you threw your hands up in exasperation.

Chan laughed at you but kept his attention focused on Jeongin. "No, actually, it was my fault. That's why we're here. I need to get back to my normal human world, but to do that we need to get into your graveyard."