- Chapter Five -

Chan looked at you, then noticed the guy standing at your table. He tensed, immediately sensing something was wrong. "Chan, get in the car." You muttered. He stared at you for a few seconds, processing your words. "Now Chan!"

Then he spurred into action. He went to jump out of the booth, but the guy who'd stopped at your table leaped to trap him there. Without missing a beat, Chan jumped. Not over the guy in front, but instead he launched himself over the seat and landed with a loud bang on the table behind him.

There were a couple people sitting there, and he apologised for disturbing their meal. You slid out of your seat as well, seeing as everyone was distracted watching Chan launch himself from table to table, shouting apologies along the way.

The guy looked like he was going to go after him before remembering you were there. He turned to confront you, but you blasted him with a wall of air, sending him flying across the restaurant. He crashed into a table, a few feet away from Chan - who swore and stumbled, but didn't stop as he headed for the door.

Chan pushed through the front doors, and you watched through the windows as he threw himself into the car. You turned your attention back to your attacker. He had taken quite a fall, but he was getting up like it was nothing. You watched as his hands started to elongate, fingernails sharpening to claws, and eyes burning yellow as his face began to distort. A werewolf. It's been a while since you'd been in a brawl with one, you were a little excited.

The werewolf only shifted a little, allowing him to utilise the strength of his wolf side, but still retaining the control and dexterity he had when he was human. Despite the commonalities of public fights, you doubted the patrons of the restaurant wanted to have people thrown into their tables mid-meal. So you sprinted for the door, leading the werewolf out after you.

Half-turned, he was much faster than you though, and as soon as you were out the doors, he was on your back. The two of you landed on the ground, the concrete of the parking lot slamming against your bones. Using his insane weight, the werewolf pinned you down against the asphalt.

"Nice to meet you." He growled, voice deep and distorted by his half inhuman state. "My name's Seungmin, and I'm really liking the look of the price for your head."

"The poster said dead or alive jackass, there's no reason to kill me." You spat in his face and he responded with another growl that came from the bottom of his stomach. He opened his jaws, ready to take a nice big chomp out of your neck.

A honk sounded from behind your head. Seungmin, distracted, looked up to see who had made the noise. It was all you needed. You wrenched your leg out from under Seungmin's and brought your knee up until it connected with his crotch.

Seungmin groaned, and his weight rocked off you enough for you to be able to shove him off. He got up slowly, recovering quicker than any human would. Now with free hands, you didn't hesitate using your powers. You felt the energy crackling to life within you, and you lifted your hand, a beam of energy shooting from your palm and sizzling into Seungmin's shoulder. He flung backwards and hit the ground again.

You raised your arm to blast him again, but a hand grabbed your shoulder and yanked you backwards, sending you skidding to the ground. Your skin would have torn right off were it not for your coat, specifically made to protect you like armour would. You squinted, the bright sun burning in your vision. A face appeared before your eyes, blocking out the sun. You looked up to see the face of an angry woman, scowling down at you. You could tell she was a werewolf too, and guessed she probably ran with Seungmin.

She reached down and grabbed you by the lapels of your jacket and sent you flying. You tried to get your bearings but slammed into the hood of Chan's car before you knew what was happening. The pain came a second later.