-Purple-

Izuku's POV

I know I said I'd pretend to be Mei's friend, but, I'm genuinely committed to our friendship. She was the first friend I've ever had who didn't end up backstabbing me in the first 48 hours of our friendship. Right now, we were in my lab room, building my robo-kitsune. I'm naming it Rai, and the pronouns will be "she".  

"Connect the green wire to the orange one. The green wire is connected to the voice activator box. I've already coded Rai to only listen to commands that are given out by us two only. Rai is voice activated. Make sure you get the right shade of green. There's more than one. Make sure the one you connect to the orange wire is basil green and not pine green. Pine green will most likely blow up all our progress," I say to her as I work on the coding for Rai. She stares at me and I look up at her. "Yes? Is there something wrong?" She snaps out of her trance and shook her head. "How do you manage to fit that all in your head. And how are you so observant? I can barely tell the difference between turqoise and green, and here you are naming some colours I probably wouldn't remember tomorrow," she says, looking back at the wires. I chuckle, before picking up and using the screwdriver beside me to point to her which wires to connect, seeing how much difficulty she was facing. "Practice, I guess," I reply her. "Ok, I still don't have enough metal to create the nine tails so we need to make another trip to the scrapyard," I say as I shut down my laptop. She gets up form the table she was working on and nods. 

We head to the window and put on shock absorbent boots. By now, Mei is used to this routine of having to jump out of the window to avoid getting me and herself into trouble. Once we landed, we began walking in a comfortable silence, before Mei decided to break it. "So, what age did you start building?" she asks. "I started building childish things such as a mini wooden house when I was 6.  When I turned 7, I started making more advanced things such as a laptop, phone and TV. A few months later, I moved onto building weapons and protective wear. The first ever weapon I made was actually the most powerful. My fire gun," I say to her. She was listening carefully to every word I say, nodding to each sentence. "So~ I've been meaning to ask, but, how does your fire gun work?" she asks, eyes filled with curiousity. "Well, all I had to do was make a gun out of something non-meltable, which is a really hard material to find, and put something called a fire stone in it. I found that stone when I was 6, but at that time, I didn't have any use for it. What a fire stone does is it emits one of the hottest fires on earth, flames with more intensity and can do more damage than Endevwhore's. The trigger is linked to an activator that is placed against the stone so that the stone can produce flames. I don't use this as a weapon because it's too overpowered and if I use it as a weapon, I'll most likely end up melting and killing my enemies," I explain to her. "Woah, you really are awesome!" she says. I blush and look away. We then fell into another comfortable silence as we near the scrapyard.

When we finally arrived, we got to work, trying to find suitable metal pieces to make the nine tails. We found a pile with that exact material, but, after digging into the pile, we heard shuffling coming from the opposite side of the pile. Instinctively, I grabbed a dagger from my pocket and get into a fighting stance. Mei immediately got behind me. "Who's there?!" I say in a demaning voice, just to scare the person. "Show yourself, now!" The person walked into my line of sight, trembling. "D-d-d-don't h-hurt me p-p-please," he stuttered out. "Who are you. Step into the light so we can see you," I say, a little more softer. He stepped out. I observed him. He had many cuts and bruises, not as much as me though, on his face and arms. His hair defined gravity, floating without falling down. He had purple hair and eyes and pale skin. His eyes had eyebags under them, making it look like he hasn't slept in days, similar to me.  He was shaking, most likely because of me. "I-i-i don't want any t-t-trouble... I'm just h-here to get m-materials to b-b-built!" he stutters out. Oooh another builder. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Mei. She nods. "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you. I just needed to confirm that you're not another crook. Can you come with me, cause we need to get those wounds treated." I say, in a more calming and softer tone. "How do I know you're not going to kidnap me?" he says, still a little scared. I decide to reassure him by embarrassing myself. "You're literally bigger and taller than both of us. You could just kick our ass if we try to kidnap you," I say, with a sigh. Mei burst out into laughter and I heard the boy chuckle. "Aight, then," he says. 

"But hol' up tho. We still need to get material for the tails remember?" Mei says to me. "Oh yeaa! C'mon, Eyebags, you can finish getting your material as well," I say, going back to digging for materials. "Hey! Don't call me that! I have a name, Broccoli," he says back, causing Mei to roar with laughter. "Well, likewise. If you want me to use your name when addressing you, how 'bout you tell me your name first. I'm Izuku Midoriya and this laughing idiot is Mei Hatsume. We're both 14," I say, not looking up from the pile. "Hitoshi Shinsou and I'm the same age as you two. By the way, do you realize that for a 14-year-old, you're pretty goddamn short," he says. I snap my head up and glare at him, while Mei was there in the background, suffocating because of laughter. After Mei calmed down, she asks him," You're a builder, huh?" He looks up form the pile and says," Yea, I love building. It keeps my mind away from a lot of things," he says. "Yea, same," I reply.

After we were done picking the materials, we headed towards my apartment. Thankfully, my uncle was out tonight, so I could use the front door. I also need to tell Shinso the way to get in and out of my house. While walking, I decided to make a small talk. "By the way, are y'all gonna try out for UA next year. I was planning on support course," I ask. "Yea, me too. I wanna join the hero course, but I feel like I'm not strong enough for it, and anyways, I love building," Hitoshi says. "I think you can do it, but if you really do like building, then I ain't gonna stop you from joining the support course," I say. "Thanks," He replies. "I plan to join the support course too, but Izu, are you actually joining UA? That's like, a big risk," she says, worry lacing her voice. 

We finally arrived at my apartment and I open the door to my apartment. The three of us then headed to my room. "Well, I know it's a big risk, but if it means I get to fuck around with pro's and built things with free items, then I'm down, bro," I say, casually. Mei rolls her eyes, but accepts it, because she knows there is noting she can do to stop me. "I don't get what's goin' on here.." Our heads snap at Hitoshi, completely forgetting he was there. "Weellll, let me introduce myself properly. My name is Izuku Midoriya. I'm 14 and quirkless," I say, rubbing the back of my neck, before continuing,

"I'm Kurai, the vigilante."