~Safe~

Izuku's POV

It's been a month since I took the leave to train Hitoshi. It's quite easy since he is very obedient and complies to my orders easily. I know I make training quite difficult, but if he wants to learn, then he'd have to endure the exhaustion and pain. Mei, being the lazy ass she is, just watches as Hito gets tortures, often laughing at him when he gets too tired to move. Usually, when that happens, I threaten that I'd give her the same treatment, which instantly shuts her up.

I've decided that my break has lasted long enough, not wanting to stall my vigilante work any more than I already have. I told Mei and Hito to hang out together today to strengthen their bond. Both have close bonds with me, but with each other, I'm not so certain it's close. Since they're doing that, I have a night alone, so I'll go out tonight. I wonder how Eraser is doing...

Aizawa's POV

It was 6 in the evening and the UA teachers were having a meeting. 

"I get we are all worried since we haven't seen Kurai since the last time we spoke to him, which was when he also gotten stabbed, which is very worrisome. What is also worrisome is the crime rates. According to Eraser, crime rates are starting to rise because of the news that Kurai has disappeared. My guess is they take this an opportunity to commit crimes without the skilled vigilante stopping them. We may need more than one hero to be going on patrol at night, seeing as how this unfortunate event has taken place. Kurai had saved Eraser and we still don't about his status, but if the worst has occured, we should not waste his sacrifice getting ourselves hurt during our patrols," Nezu says solemnly. We all quietly nod, each getting lost in our own thoughts. 

I'm not gonna lie, the guilt is eating me up. I had hoped he would pull through on that day and the following day, I would see him fooling around again, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case. I haven't seen him in a month, and it's killing me. I hate to think that he's dead. And I was the cause. I growl, causing everyone to jump. 

"Sho, are you ok? I know this is the hardest on you," Nemuri says. I shook my head and put it on the table. "Shota, it was not your fault. He made the choice. For now, we must wait and hope for the best," Ectoplasm says. I growl again and angrily say," Quit telling me that. No matter what you say, it is my fault. I'm supposed to be the observant one here, and not to mention it was basically dead quiet before all hell broke loose that night. I didn't even manage to detect a single sound. He detected noise and saved me, getting hurt, and, as much as I hate to think about it, got severely hurt. How was that not my fault?! It was my carelessness that led him to getting hurt!" I yell. 

"Aizawa, that was not the case. If it was your fault, then it would've been mine too. If I didn't give you the instruction to follow Kurai once you spot him, you wouldn't have followed and lead us to this. This is out of our control. Kurai clearly likes you the most, and imagine the person you admire getting hurt right in front of your eyes. It would hurt, wouldn't it? So, stop blaming yourself for this. You don't have to carry the burden of being the most observant among us. If you think your the most observant, I would like to remind you that I am an animal who should have a keen and sharp senses," Nezu says, calmly but firmly. He was right, but of course that didn't relieve me from my guilt. I just sigh and nod.

We sit in silence for a little more, until there was a loud bang coming from the door, followed by a,

"Why the sullen faces, heroes~"

Izuku's POV

I stood on the rooftop of my house, inhaling fresh air that my body was longing for for a while. It felt good to be standing in the evening breeze in my vigilante outfit once again. A months break may have been way too long for my hyperactive body too handle. I decided to leave for the job early because I was bored and free. I pulled down the hood of my hoodie. I am well aware that it was a careless thing to do taking into account that I am a wanted vigilante, but I felt so free I almost didn't care. Of course, I didn't really feel like getting exposed today, so I pulled my hood back up

Suddenly, a pretty stupid and risky thought came into my mind. What if I pay the heroes a visit. They must miss seeing their favourite vigilante. After all, I have been gone for a good month. I bet some of them think I'm dead. I don't blame them though. Their last memory of me was literally when I was stabbed. It was a risky plan though. You know what, fuck it. Ima do it and no one can stop me.

I pushed myself off the ground and stretched before hopping from roof to roof towards UA Highschool. Can you believe that when I was at least 2km away from the prestigious school, I could already sense such sombre aura. 

I chuckle and smirk. I never knew I would be this much missed. Suddenly, flashbacks started. 

~Flashback~

"Izuku, listen to me, you should never place your trust and love with anyone. They always end up leaving. If you value your mental and emotional happiness you have right now, you should listen to me no problem. Remember, little one, everyone will eventually die, and alone. Sure, the people who cherished you will grieve over you for a while, but eventually, the memory of you they 'hold so dearly' close to them will disappear with time. You will always be forgotten no matter what. And  no one will miss you or even give you a second thought," my father said, coldly, causing me to whimper in fear but still nod.

He then grunts and goes in to attack, which quickly causes me to shift from a calm stance to a defensive stance. I block his incoming left leg roundhouse kick by ducking and I grabbed his leg. He used this as an opportunity to kick me at my head while both his legs are off the ground. I flew to the left and rubbed my aching head, before doing a roll to avoid the left hook thrown my way. I quickly backflipped and once I was at a safe distance from him, I planned out my strategy to defeat him.

Needless to say, he still managed to kick my ass, leaving me to heal with a broken nose and an aching body. "Heal yourself up, it's not like I'll be there to heal you every time you get hurt. You still have a long way to go to be superior to those who have quirks, but I solemnly believe you can, since you share the same blood as an perfectionist at hand in hand combat," he said before walking off.

~Flashback ended~

I shook off the painful memory. I never liked training with Dad. He never went easy on me, despite me still being 5. You see, I started training my punches and kicks when I was 3, and eventually perfected them when I turned 5. From there, I learnt different defensive stances and positions. By the age of 6, I perfected that, and started learning attack codes and strategies. And last but certainly not least, when I turned 8, I learnt combat with weapons. By the age of 9, before my father disappeared, I had completed my hand in hand combat. 

I trained Toshi in a less intense and painful way than my father had trained me. Even though his training was horrible, it did help a lot in the future, which is obviously now. I sigh and focused my attention on my journey to UA. 

I finally reached it and decided to make my entrance a little extra. I hacked into the security system, which took me a mere 10 minutes, before sneaking into the school. I head to the teachers conference room and banged down the door, because I like destroying things, just like how my mental stability was destroyed. 

"Why the sullen faces, heroes~"

A/n: So my exams end tomorrow, but the exam tomorrow is just oral, so I decided to update today. I'm working on the 'Ball of Sunshine's new chapter. I hope y'all can be a little more patient, since I needed to reread my story. I kinda forgot the story line because  of not updating for so long.