Episode - 02

[The next morning]

Bertha wake up before finding out the room which was full of darkness. She reached the windows to see the sky being grayish. ''It's gonna rain heavy today.'' - She yawned before hearing some noise coming from the living room. She walked toward the toilet while rubbing her eyes. She grabbed the tooth brash, brash her teeth and wash her face before coming down to the living room

''Good morning dad.'' - Bertha greeted her father. Her eyes stopped toward the slightly old lady in front of her father.

''Good morning sweety. Meet this aunt. She's our neighbor. You haven't met her yet, right?'' - Mr. Tumbler said 

''I guess not.'' - I said

''Aww such a cute kid. What's your name sweety?'' - She said as she pinch on her cheek. It hurt a lot but still she didn't say anything

''I am Bertha Tumbler. I am 9 years old this year. Nice to meet you.'' - I said as she rubbed her cheek, slightly angry at the fact that her cheek is still burning from the pinch.

''Are you here with your child only Mr. Tumbler?'' - She asked Mr. Tumbler who was sipping on his tea.

''Umm yes. Her mom died in a car accident 2 years ago and we lost her that time.'' - His face was already doomed by the statement.

'I'm sorry, It's just...It's so miserable.'' - She said

''hmm. It was even hard for her to bear all this.'' - He said as he point on Bertha who was now playing quietly with her dolls.

It was true that Bertha has to bear a lot since her mother was not there but her father was there in her mother's place. Mr. Tumbler is an workaholic person but when he comes home he give all the time to her lovely daughter. She lacked a lot but her father was patients enough to teach her. She couldn't even brush her teeth, comb her hair, even bathe her. Her dad raised her from all of this. After her mom's death, some woman's wanted to marry her father but he didn't marry because of his daughter. Bertha had only one aunt who wanted to keep her as their child because of his father being a workaholic person. But she didn't agree. She likes her dad as he is. It's irritating sometimes when he comes home extremely late, but still she can't leave him, she can't bear to not see him even for one day.

Bertha and her dad came to an unknown village for his father's work, although she don't know what is his work. At first she didn't liked the new house because it was really shabby and tiny. After finding some interesting stuffs in this place, she started to like the new place. It took her one whole day to explore the whole house, the pond, the garden and everything. After a long tour of the new house she felt exhausted and went to her room. There she found a book named "LESHY'' on the bed stand, near the lamp. She spend most of her time by reading that book as she likes horror and mythical stuffs. From there, she learned a lot of things about the forest and others, like...

''LESHY, is a Slavic monster of the forest who lives alone in the forest. They are scattered in the dense forests of the world. They combine their energy with trees and became more and more powerful. They attached a part of their body with trees to have power. They can do shape shifting into anything but their original form will return if they lose their power. Sometimes they became larger than a tree again sometimes they can became even smaller than a grass. They usually don't harm humans. They harm When a lonely passenger walk through the deep forest and insult or annoy or badmouth or harm trees. They harm them as punishment. But the way of they're punishment is really scary. They make the passengers lost their way. The passenger became very weak by searching the way out. Then LESHY attack them ruthlessly''.

A few days pass by nothing much. In this few days she noticed that her father being stressful a lot. He even forgot to tell good bye to Bertha before heading to his work two times.

''Dear I have to go to the town now for some errands. You have to stay just one day with this aunt.  I'll be back soon. Take care.'' - He said as soon as he ran toward his room. Bertha was already stressed because of not being able to see her dad for one day. But there was another reason for her to stay with her father. She hates that aunt. She don't know how'll she stay with her