Episode - 05

I was trembling hard while pleading, closing my eyes. It was quite for a while which made me open my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw that tree-shaped thing was becoming ash. I was wondering what just happened. Did someone helped me. Then I saw a glowing thing coming from the wood behind of me. It was from a boy who looked around my age. He was doing something with his hand to the creature. When that monster became an ash completely, I  rushed toward the boy fearlessly.

''you know magic? You made that monster vanish?'' - I said with a 'wow' look on my face.

''Yes.'' - He said firmly as if it was his respectful duty.

''How?'' - I asked him as I was super curious how he made that monster vanish. Maybe he could teach me.

''With my hands'' - He said while showing his hand. It was nothing special, just a human hand.

''Hand? Ah. Thanks for saving me. I am Bertha Tumbler. What is your name?'' - I offered him my hand to shake but he didn't do anything but staring. I thought he doesn't know how to handshake so I took my hand away.

''I have no name.'' - The boy opened his mouth after a while, with a expressionless face. 

''No name?'' - How could he have no name, I mean everyone has a name for calling them. '' should I give you a name then?''

''Yes'' - He said again with a expressionless face

''Ok then let's name you...ah'' - I thought for a while before a name came up in my mind, '' How about Aiden. My father loved this name. My dad once said if I were a boy or had a brother he'd name him Aiden but unfortunately I don't have one. So, how do you like it?

''Nice.'' 

''Do you live here?'' - I asked him

''yes''

He could help me finding my dad then. ''Can you help me finding my dad? He's a slightly old man with light brown hair like mine and wears glasses, he's wearing a suit and he has a fit body. I believe he's somewhere out here. But I don't know where'' - I said in one breath.

''Yeah. That's why I'm here.'' - He said with a small grin. It was the first time I saw him laughing after the whole conversation.

''You know where my dad is?'' - I asked him with hope to know where is my dad

''I can find anyone in my mind.'' - I was shocked at first but then I realized he might have some magical power for which he can do anything. We didn't waste any time.

While moving in the forest I had a lot of question about him. Like Who is he? Why he lives in the forest or Is he a leshy or something?

''Umm I have something to say...I mean ask'' - I said hesitantly before locking my eyes with him 

''Yes?''

''I know it's a bit strange to ask you but perhaps are you a LESHY?'' 

''Yes.' - He said with no expression. It was huge matter to me. I know a lot of scary things about them, about their appearance. In the book they were meant to be ugly or scary but in his case he's face not scary or ugly at all. In fact I have to admit that he is the cutest boy I've ever met.

''Do you harm people also?'' - I asked in a low voice

''Yes, you can say so.'' - He said firmly.

''Then why are you helping me?'' - I asked him as I was curious about why's he helping. Shouldn't he meant to harm me like the monster did before.

''I am not helping you. I am just paying off my debt.'' - He said before looking into my eyes.

''I-I can't understand.'' - I said as I rush my hand in my hair in a frustrating gesture.

''You don't remember me?'' - He finally asked me something

What? Should I meant to know a leshy? Or is he my classmate? Oh my god one of my classmate was a leshy, ''I think I don't.''

''You saved me. I was dying for water. You gave me water and I was also broken too, you fixed me by your little scarf. You planted me again in the sunlight because of which I gotten some energy.''

My brain got blank for a minute. I don't remember this boy at al... ''YOU'RE THE TREE.'' - I screamed as I finally remembers helping a human-shaped tree like two hours ago.

''Hmm. When our power is about to finish we became something small and powerless, I was exactly meant to be a small grass.''

''you became a tree because you lose your power. How did you lose it?''

''Well It was 3 days ago, I was walking through the jungle and saw some spirits were fighting among themselves. I was just watching them, not even going near them because I could sense their overwhelming power which can easily make me into ash in no time. Then a spirit pointed me and took my power. I would've died if lord didn't came and saved me back then. He planted me somewhere near and told me that I would get my power back in a few days. I was waiting and suddenly I got thirsty. There was no water nearby. You came and gave me water and plant me properly. Because of you I am living again or I would've been vanished by now.''

''Then I should also say sorry to break you and say thank you to save me'' - I said

''you also helped me.''

''You look around my age. How old are you?''

''I am more than 200 years old and this look, It's not me. It was just made by my imagination. I look very frightful. You would get scared so I just shape shifted to this little boy.''

''Oh

''Oh. You lived for this lo....''

I was interrupted by a loud scream. I was observing the sound when I realized it was a familiar voice. It was from my dad.

''It's my dad's voice.''