Episode - 04

Author's note: From this chapter, the story will going to be based on Bertha's POV

After running like 2 or 3 hours I can feel my legs are totally numb that if I move any further, my leg will be tore out. From here I can see the entrance of the dark and dense forest. It was so spooky that my head wasn't quite ready to step in, still I didn't stop running. 

When I finally entered the large forest, I spotted a large tree root and sit there for a while as my leg was giving up 

''I thought the forest was near from the window. Oh my leg, it became sore.'' - I said to myself before pulling out my water bottle, ''I should take a small rest'' 

When I was drinking water a thought ran into my mind which made me halt in my work. My father might be suffering without water or any food right now. I shouldn't waste my time here. When I stood up, my eyes Suddenly stopped at the tree where I was sitting.

''What's this?'' - I asked to myself while examine the ball-shaped four red gemstones which was tucked at the middle of the large tree. ''What is...oh I got it. It's the four-eyes I saw that night. God I thought it was the eyes of some deadly creature. What is this gems refers?'' 

Without getting any answer, I moved from that place. I started to run again more deeper to the forest without any care and shout, ''Dad, dad''. While running through the jungle suddenly I tripled with a small tree and fall down. My right knee was scratched a lot and It started bleeding. I stood up and look at the thing which I had tripled right now. my eyes dropped at the small tree. It wasn't quite looking like a small tree. The shape was more like a 10 inch small human as it has branches like legs and arms. It was almost broken from middle which mad my heart squeezed. I also noticed that the tree was dry and it was about to die. I took care of it by planting it again where it can absorb sunlight even better. I splashed my bottled water on the tree. I dunno why I wasted my precious water which was so limited, I guess I might have thought this tree would maybe a leshy or something. 

I began to move again. The more I was moving the more deeper I was going. As a child, I don't even have the fear of moving alone through the jungle, ignore the leshy and wolves part. There could be many deadliest animal or robbers but I didn't care anything. I need my dad and I don't care if I get eaten by any monster or what. I was walking as a fearless warrior. It was so calm in the forest which was so relaxing. There were sound of bird chirping which was more amazing than the songs that old lady listens to everyday I had to admit. Suddenly I heard a whistling windy sound alongside with the sound of rustling something in the wood. It was coming from the behind. I looked behind with a frown.

''What is this sound? where is it coming from?'' - I asked myself as I couldn't quite figure out where was the sound coming from. I thought it was dad cause the foot steps sounded like large. ''Is that you dad?'' - I screamed, hoping dad to come out from wherever he is, ''I think no, My brain must be playing with me right now.'' - I said as I started to move again to where I don't know.

While I was talking to myself, suddenly something ran behind me and I clearly noticed that. I looked back again. I comprehend that there was no one. I then begin to walk again with an annoyed face. After sometime I finally noticed that someone was quietly following me and I screamed, "who's there? Dad, dad are you there? I have been looking for you. Dad''. - There were still no respond. I turned over to make another step but halt my action when I saw a giant's shadow covering my shadow. It was quite large for my dad. I gulped before turning back to see. 

My eyes went wide, brain turned blank when I realized what was in front of me. It was a large tree-shaped monster. It was like 10 feet tall and looks like tree but has large red-blood eyes which was looking hungry, It's mouth was fool of sharp teeth which looked more scarier. I screamed loudly, loud enough for all the birds to leave theirs nest and fly. The thing in front of me also roar loudly. Little me who knew nothing but was running for her life. I was running and falling at the same time. My knees and my elbows were bleeding and my leg was giving up because of exhaustiveness. I hid myself behind a large tree as I have no strength left in my tiny body. I thought the monster was gone because there was no sound coming from. So, I decided to see and was about to take a peek. I took my head out of the tree to see that monster was now in front of me. I moved to backwards but fall. I started to tremble as the monster was coming more near to me. I heard that they don't harm unless you harm them. I don't remember hurting them so why they're scaring me. 

I started to beg, ''please let me go...I...am .........scared.....please.''