Episode - 03

It's been 2 hours since Bertha's father has gone to the city, still Bertha can't deal with it. Something keep telling her that her father is in danger. She wants to forget the fact that her father is gone and will return to her the next day, but she can't. She can't even eat properly because of that reason. Not only that reason...another big reason is that fat lady who is the most irritating person Bertha have ever encounter. 

[Flashback takes place the day when Bertha met the lady for the second time]

''I'll be coming late today sweety. This Aunt will take care of you okay.'' - Mr. Tumbler said as he place a kiss on Bertha's forehead, ''Sorry''

He ran out of our house as he was getting late, leaving Bertha with a fat-cheeked, red curly haired, slightly old lady. she turned around to see the lady giving me a warm smile.

''Come here Bertha, have breakfast while it's hot'' - Ms. Marianna a.k.a The lady said 

''okay.'' - I nodded

After having breakfast, Bertha went to her room as always. She started to read the book. After a couple of hours she felt extremely exhausted. It was near 1 pm which was past her bathing time, but still she wants to take a quick bath. She came out of the room to find Ms. Marianna doing nothing but eating her precious chocolates and biscuits while watching TV. Bertha was carefully observing all these. She went to her.

''Aunt I wanna bath.'' - Bertha asked with a soft voice, slightly annoyed by the fact that she's eating her stuffs.

''Then go. Why asking me?'' - She said as she took another bite at the chocolate.

''I don't know how?'' - Bertha said as she was playing with her fingers.

''What type of joke is this? Your quite enough to take bath on your own.'' - She shouted right in Bertha's ear before turning to the TV.

''okay.'' - She said in a low tone before returning to her room. She didn't shower that day although she wanted to. Her mind was on what the lady said. She dunno why but suddenly she feels herself like a burden. 

Bertha was keep trying to get close to that women but she kept on pushing her away. Like, she would ask her to play with her, feed her and so on but she'd just scold her instead. She tried to tell her dad. But he was so busy this days that he couldn't even take a look at her. She was so lonely and all. That woman even sometimes beat her when she tries to tell her dad.

It's been two days since her father has gone to the city. Now Bertha feels that something is definitely wrong. Her dad promised her to come back in one day then why is it taking long. She started to feel scared from what she had been feeling. 

''What if father is stuck in somewhere in the forest'' - She said to herself before running out of her room. She scanned the living room before running toward the kitchen, hoping Ms. Marianna to be there.

''Aunt it's been two days, why hasn't dad came  back?" - I asked

''I think there is something wrong. I couldn't reach him. The connection was fine before he headed to the forest -''

''What? Forest? He headed to the forest?'' - I cut her off

''Yes. He said it would be a shortcut.''

Bertha's POV

I don't know what was running into my head, but I had the urge to go find my dad who was in the forest now. Forest, where the deadly animals are, where the LESHY's are. This thought is enough to make me cry. I don't want to lose my father at this age, I can't. I have already encounter the world's cruelest animal which I assume is my surroundings, so why afraid the animals in the forest. If I die than it's better than live in this torture.

''I have to go.'' - I said as I ran toward the maid door which leaded to outside, but was interrupted by the lady. She grabbed on my t-shirt and tugged me hard enough to slam me on the wall. 

''where do you think you're going?'' - She spat on me angrily

''To save my dad of course.'' - I literally yelled at her. I was holding all the angriness in me cause dad told me to always behave. But now I can't anymore.

''You and your dad is really troublesome. You are going nowhere. Got it? Silly fellow.'' - She dragged me to my room and throw me inside before locking the room. 

''Aunt please let me go. I won't ask for your help. I have to save him. Without him I would be lonely. Aunt, Aunt.'' - I shouted but no one respond. I can here the footsteps going back to the living room, '' What am I going to do? I have to save him before it's too late.'' 

As I was in my own world to how to get out of here, a whistling wind blow through the window, surprising me. ''Oh I have got an Idea.'' - I said before running to my closet to get my school backpack. I packed the necessary stuffs which would probably need in this long journey which includes torch, water bottle and some snacks which I kept hidden from that lady. I always watch adventure TV shows which lead me this idea of packing. 

I didn't think twice before jumping through the window which was on the first floor and run towards the forest. I didn't saw that Ms. Marianna was in the garden. I just run and run.

''Who's that girl? Her dress is so similar to Ber..........wait'' - Ms. Marianna screamed before running to Bertha's room, finding no one there. 

''WHERE DID THAT GIRL GO????''