Katara || The Northern Water Tribe

"Woah, is that what I think it is?" I heard Sokka say in awe. My eyes wandered, searching for the sight in question. Upon seeing it, my jaw dropped. 

In front of us was a giant wall of ice. Engraved in the side was a large circle, with an outline of a crescent moon, and waves to the right. 

"We're here." I whispered. We'd arrived at the Northern water tribe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The arrival had been easy, and we settled in. Everyone got very comfortable, and every couple minutes I caught Sokka drooling over the princess. This time over dinner, he'd figured out that I had seen him staring, so I sent him a smirk. The boy rolled his eyes, and continued to gaze at her. 

"Are you seeing this? All he does is stare at her!" Katara muttered, throwing her hands up frustratedly. I laughed at this, and soon she joined in. Sokka turned to look at us once more, this time in confusion.

"What's so funny Y/N?" He asked, but I shook my head. 

"Oh, don't worry about it Count Stalkula." Katara replied, sending us back into a fit of giggles. His face flushed, and he suddenly had a large interest in the soup in front of him. We all continued eating, holding light conversation. Throughout the meal, I found myself pulling a Sokka. Only, instead of Yue, I kept looking over at Katara. Her blue eyes twinkled in the soft moonlight, and it was captivating. 

Quickly, my gaze shifted back to our food so I wouldn't get caught. The rest of the meal was overall very normal, with the echo of polite conversation sounding around the large dining room. We thanked the chief for his kindness, and headed up to our room. 

The tribe had given us a fairly large room, with four cots down. I had chosen the one closest to our large window, as it gave me the opportunity to look out over the large ocean before sleeping. The way the light glistened above the water was just so calming. 

I wandered over to my cot, glancing out at the horizon. A wave of content washed over me, and I moved to lay down on my cot. The blankets and pillows they had given us were soft, which we were all thankful for.

Apparently I was exhausted, because as soon as my head met the pillow, I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime a while later, my eyes shot open. I searched around, trying to figure out what time it was. My vision fell onto the window, so as quietly as I could, I slipped out from under my blanket. Carrying myself over to the opening, I leaned on the window sill. The moon was still high in the sky, casting light onto the buildings below.

I was forced out of my thoughts by the sound of soft footsteps behind me. 

"Can't sleep?" The voice belonged to Katara. I shrugged as she came to stand right next to me. 

"I just woke up for some reason. Figured I'd come look out and see the outside world for a bit." She let out a soft laugh.

"We've seen enough of the outside world to last a life time, don't you think?" Realistically, she made a good point. We had flown on the back of Aang's flying bison, Appa, for a while, and we had seen many sites, from Kyoshi Island to the Northern Air temple.

"Yeah, but it's nice that we finally made it." Katara nodded in agreement, and looked out the window. Her hair was pulled up with two pieces pulled out at the front. It was a little messy, probably from sleep, so it wasn't as orderly as normal. 

My eyes were fixed on her, though this wasn't the first time this had happened. My word, she's gorgeous.

"Oh, thank you." The girl replied, causing me to brush profusely. 

"Oh, um, well, I didn't mean to say that out loud." I laughed nervously, "But it is true."

It was her turn to blush at this. She smiled softly at me, which I returned. We continued to look out in silence, until I noticed that the sky was beginning to turn a light pink, signaling that the sun was beginning to rise.

"We should probably get back to sleep." I told her, and she nodded. What I wasn't expecting, however, was to feel her arms around me. She held me in a hug, and I quickly returned it. 

Sadly, she pulled away, but not before moving to peck me on the cheek. At this, I felt the blush return to my face.

"You know Y/N, you're pretty easy on the eyes yourself." She whispered, turning to head back to bed. I followed suit, climbing back into my own cot. Even without a mirror, I could tell that I had a huge smile on my face.

Wow, I'm glad I woke up early.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: hey everyone! i hope you enjoyed this katara imagine. as always, leave a comment if there's any characters or scenarios you'd like to see, and i will read them. 

also, i do not own any characters or the world of Avatar, and all rights to both belong to nickelodeon and the creators. 

i will see you all in the next update.

bye benders!