Ty Lee || I am Here

"Excuse me, do you think you could help me with something?" The stall owner jumped a little, as I seemed to have startled her. Her eyes narrowed as she took in my appearance. 

"Ah, sorry for bothering you, I just need to know where this building is?" My face flushed as I pulled out a piece of paper. The sheet contained a drawing of a large tent, where I was supposed to meet Azula. I figured it was best to not keep her waiting long, since she was eager to start her search for the Avatar. 

The lady I had bothered sighed, and pointed down the road. 

"Follow this path, then take a right. It should be right in front of you." I bowed, thanking her, before taking off at a sprint. Rounding the corner, the landmark I had been searching for came into view. As I neared the entrance, I saw Azula standing near a girl covered from head to toe in pink. Her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail that was sectioned off with multiple hair ties, all of which were trailing down the length of said hairstyle. My heart started racing. The air around her seemed to sparkle, and she gave the most adorable lopsided grin as her eyes were fixed on the princess. 

"(Y/N)? There you are!" Azula yelled, snapping me out of my haze. She motioned for me to move over to her and the girl I had been staring at. Quickly, I made my way towards them.

"I am so sorry for keeping you waiting." I apologized once again, and Azula hummed in response. Someone tapped my shoulder, and my head turned to see the girl in pink waving at me. She put her hand out with a soft smile. I put my hand in her slightly smaller one and shook it gently.

"Hi! I am Ty Lee! I am sorry if this sounds weird, but your aura is looking really yellow!" Ty Lee exclaimed. I furrowed my brows in confusion, and looked at Azula, as if to ask what she meant by this. The fire bender shrugged, obviously not knowing what this meant either.

"Oh! It is not a bad thing, I promise!" She explained, "you seem really friendly!" 

My face got really hot all of a sudden, and I realized I was blushing. 

"I-uh-thank you?" I stammered, realizing that I was still shaking her hand. Instinctually, I retracted my hand, telling her my name, and then tried to play it off by scratching the back of my neck. Azula and Ty Lee had resumed their conversation, and I felt a wave of relief flow over me, as Ty Lee had not realized my embarrassment. In my haste, I had not realized what they were talking about, or, to be more specific, what Azula was planning. 

If I had, maybe I could have stopped her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Azula and I had taken our seats high above the crowd, and I had grabbed some fire flakes, eating them quietly. 

"Do you want some?" I offered her some of the snack I had purchased, and she shook her head, a slight scowl plastered on her face. Shrugging, I turned my attention forward as the acts began to enter our vision. 

"We are so honored to have the fire lord's daughter and her friend here with us tonight. Please, tell us if there is anything we can do to make our show more enjoyable." One of the workers said, trying to do anything he could to make the princess happy. 

"Oh, I will." Azula said with a smirk. 

"I know that look, and something bad typically follows it" I thought to myself, clutching the fire flakes container just a bit tighter. The first performer came out, balancing on a stilt in the air with just one hand. 

"Incredible. Do you think she will fall?" Azula asked the same worker from before, curiosity and a hint of mischeavousness in her voice. 

"Of course not." They replied, causing Azula to jump up in excitement.