Aang || Just Dance

*just a disclaimer: i do not own the game "Just Dance 2014," or "Super Mario 3D World," and i also do not own the song used. all rights to both go to the artist, producer, and the game company. along with this, i do not own  the Nintendo Wii U.* 

________________________________________________________________________________

"(Y/N)! Let me pick the song!" Aang exclaimed, waving his wii remote around above his head like a lasso. I put my hand on his shoulder softly.

"Alright, which song do you want to do?" 

Currently, Aang and I were standing in the middle of our dorm playing on the new Wii U console that we had just bought. The two of us had met in our junior year of high school, and then ended up deciding to room together since we were going to the same college. I also have had a huge crush on him since about the beginning of senior year, but I was not going to tell him that, because that could make our living situation quite awkward. 

One of our other friends, Toph, also decided to go to our school, so we met up with her on campus once a week. Her seismic sense, a skill she had developed during some yoga class she took, helped her move around freely, even if she was blind. 

One great thing about sharing a dorm with Aang is that we get to decide on things to buy together. Normally, this would just mean food or necessities, but when we both had laid our eyes upon the latest console that Nintendo had released, we just knew that we had to buy it. 

Along with this, we also bought a few games from both the original Wii or Wii U, like Super Mario 3D World, or Just Dance 2014, which we were in the middle of playing. 

While playing, we decided to set up a point system. Whenever you win, you get a point added to your score, and whoever has the higher score at the end wins over all. The loser has to buy dinner tonight. 

Since we were at a tie, this last game would decide it all. 

"Hmm.....how about 'In the Summertime'?" He grins, and I nod happily. Quickly, I flip through the list of songs, before coming to a stop on the one he wanted. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that he would want to do this dance, as fruit pie is one of his favorite foods. 

He moves his cursor to the strawberry, and selects it as his character. I decide to be the pineapple. Immediately, I click the start button, and secure the strap on my wrist. (safety :)) 

The song starts playing, and our characters come into view, appearing to be "asleep". We both start to sync with the characters' movements, checking the bottom corners every so often to see what to do next. 

During one of the moves, our characters had to hold hands and pretend to jump rope, and I swear I could feel my face turn a thousand shades of red, even if there was a Wii remote between our fingers.

About three quarters of the way through the song, I look over to see Aang with a large grin on his face. He looks as if he is having the time of his life, which in turn causes me to smile. This smile morphs into a smirk as I look at the leaderboard to see that I am currently in the lead, although it is only by a little. Hopefully this would last for the rest of the song. 

"Hey Aang," I tease. He hums an "mhm hmm," in reply.

"Guess who is winning?" His eyes flick to the leaderboard, and he huffs as he sees the results. 

"Not if I can help it," he mumbles, before switching the remote to his left hand. I open my mouth to ask what he was about to do, when he reaches out his left hand to grab my right one. A gasp escapes my lips as I feel his arm slip around my waist, with us ending up in a dip. This was not in the game choreography.

The music continued to play, but neither of us paid attention to it, as we were now preoccupied with our current situation. Our eyes locked, daring the other to look away or speak first. In the end, I was the one to break the silence.

"Hey.....um......what are you doing?" 

"I thought it was obvious? I am winning," he replies. My head gaze turns to the leaderboard once again, only to see that he is actually winning. I try to stand up straight, but his grip on my waist only tightens. 

"You cheater!" He chuckles at this, continuing to add to his lead. Suddenly, I realize that his heart is racing faster than two cars on a NASCAR racetrack. 

The dancers disappear from the screen, and he finally lets me go. Softly, so as not to break it, he drops his remote onto the ground, before turning to face me completely. 

"So, is now a good time to tell you that I am in love with you?" Wait, huh? I heard that right, right? I mean, I had dreamt of this multiple times, but I am definitely not dreaming right now.

"I-um-excuse me, what did you say?" I ask, completely flabbergasted. He steps closer to me, his face completely serious. 

"(Y/N), I love you, and I have since at least the middle of senior year," wow, he just said them. He just said the words that I have been waiting to hear for years, although I am not sure how I heard them over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears. Nevertheless, he confessed. Twice actually.

"I love you too Aang, and yes, since our senior year too," I replied. A grin covers his face, and his cheeks redden, conveying his happiness. His hands move to cup my face, and I nod, allowing him to continue. My cheeks are most likely as red as his now. 

"So, I-um......can I kiss you now?" He asks, one of his thumbs grazing over my cheek lightly. I nod again, and he closes the distance. 

Butterflies erupt in my stomach as soon as our lips touch. He tastes faintly of orange gum, which probably is because he bought some earlier at the store. We pull away, resting our foreheads against each other. The both of us are silent once again, only this time, Aang breaks the silence first. 

"So, it looks like you have to pay for dinner, huh?"

"Aang......."

"Alright, we can split the cost, since I technically cheated."

"Yeah, that sounds good, but next time I will win."

"We will see about that."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: okay, just dance is a great game. the earlier ones were way better though. do not get me wrong, the new ones are not the absolute worst, but the earlier ones were fantastic. here is some Aang fluff too. 

as always, I do not own the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and all rights reserved go to nickelodeon and the creators. i also do not own the Nintendo Wii U, Just Dance, Super Mario 3D world, or anything to do with Nintendo. all rights belong to the company, creator, and president Shuntaro Furukawa. finally, i do not own the song either, (In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry) and all rights go to Mungo Jerry and the producer of the song. 

you all are amazing, and thank you for 500 views. also, thank you to anyone who has voted, because you are amazing too. 

i will see all of you in the next update.

bye benders and non-benders! (you can choose which you would like to be)

-your author