Zuko || Hidden

"Hey babe, I'm home!" I yelled out, and my boyfriend of two years came scrambling down the stairs of our house. Well, it wasn't just our house, because we actually shared our house with 5 other roommates, which was definitely a lot to handle.

Although, as of right now, we were the only ones home, hence why I was able to use such language out loud. Zuko and I had been hiding our relationship from the rest of our roommates, because we had seen how extreme their teasing could be, and we didn't want the dynamic of our group to change. It had been working for the entire time that we were dating, even though there were a few close calls.

~flashback~

The two of us had been dating for around four months at the time, and we were the only ones home again. We always tried to coordinate some time to ourselves whenever we could. Today happened to be one of those days. Everyone else was out running errands, so Zuko and I had pretended that we needed to do things around the house, when in reality, we just wanted to watch a movie.

We had decided to watch "The Book of Life," and we were currently at the scene where Manolo was singing to Maria late at night. He began strumming his guitar, hoping to woo the beautiful woman standing on her balcony.

Zuko had his arm around my shoulders, and my head rested on his shoulder. As the song started progressing, he stood up, holding his hand out for me to take.

"May I have this dance?" I rolled my eyes at his request, but accepted his hand nonetheless. We got into a closed dance position, and started doing a basic box step, matching the tempo of the song.

I love you too much, to live without you loving me back.

I love you too much, heaven's my witness and this is a fact.

I know I belong, when I sing this song.

There's love above love and it's ours 'cause I love you too much.

The lyrics flowed into our ears, but we were too lost in each other to focus on the lyrics. Occasionally, one of us would spin the other, causing both of us to laugh softly. After a while, I noticed that Zuko was whispering something. I listened intently, and realized that he was singing along. Softly, I smiled at him, and he returned the smile, before leaning in to connect our lips.

The kiss was slow, but conveyed everything it needed to. We pulled away to catch our breath, then immediately leaned in to continue. As our lips brushed against each other, the front door slammed open loudly, causing us to scramble apart.

"Crap, crap, crap," I whispered, desperately trying to find a place to hide so that no one would see me. Zuko ushered for me to hide in the closet, so that's what I did. He shut the door behind me, and I peered through the cracks in order to see out into the room.

Whoever had entered the house had may their way to Zuko's door, and knocked at it.

"Um, come in!" He yelled, and the door opened to reveal Katara standing there.

"Hey, can you help me with the gro- what are you watching?" I realized that the movie was still playing. My hand flew up to my mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Oh, it's called The Book of Life," he said nonchalantly. Katara hummed.

"That's actually a pretty good movie, but like I was saying, can you help me with the groceries? Also, can you get (Y/N) too? It'll give you an excuse to talk to them. Speaking of which, you should do something about your obvious crush, because they are bound to find out sooner or later," Zuko blushed at her words, and I stifled a laugh once again. Of course, I already knew about his crush on me, considering the fact that we were dating, but Katara didn't need to know that.