Sokka || Haunted House

My whole body shook as I woke up to the sound of my front door being slammed. Immediately, I started searching for some sort of means to defend myself. In the end, I pulled up a loose wooden board from the floor of my bedroom. The hands clutching it were turning white because of how tight my grip was. 

Footsteps made their way closer and closer to the door, stopping right outside of it. I swung it back, fully prepared to protect myself, but I was caught off-guard by a soft knock. 

"(Y/N)? Sweetheart, are you up?" Oh. It was only Sokka, my boyfriend of three years. I probably should have taken into account the fact that we lived together, but since I had still only woken up moments ago, it must have slipped my mind.

"Oh-um-yeah, I am awake," I said, frantically trying to hide the wooden plank that was so obviously missing from my floorboard.

"May I come in? I brought your favorite, as well as a surprise," curse him for being such an amazing person. Now, back to the matter at hand. Where could I hide this board?

If I put it back in the floor, I could step on it later and trip, since it is not secure. Then again, if I do not cover the hole, Sokka will most definitely notice. Maybe the closet? Wait, what if he notices that as well? Ugh, what do I do?

While I was lost in thought, I had completely forgotten that Sokka was still outside, waiting to be let in. 

"Sweetheart? Are you okay?" I jumped as his voice pulled me out of my daze. Oh, right.

"Uhhhh, yeah, come on in!" The door slid open, and I ended up just leaning against the board, trying to act cool. Sokka walked into the room, and his eyebrow shot up, conveying his obvious confusion. 

"(Y/N), why are you leaning against a plank of wood? Also, where did you get-" He stopped midway through his sentence as his eyes laid upon the hole in the floor. I grinned sheepishly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Explain why there is a hole in our floor when there was not one there when I got up this morning," my brain was going 150 miles (or kilometers, both are still quite fast) an hour, desperately trying to figure out a decent explanation. 

"Well, you see.......I wanted a change in scenery?" I tried, seeing if he would buy it, even though my voice was soft and unconvincing. Sokka shook his head, obviously not believing it. 

"Fine, fine. You scared me, so I was going to use this to protect myself," I huffed, holding up the board. A grin appeared on his face as he started chuckling softly. He made his way over to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"You are adorable," I blushed, snuggling myself into his chest, as he kissed the top of my head. This caused him to laugh even more. A pleasant smell reached my nose, and I recalled Sokka's words from earlier. I gasped, catching him by surprise.

"YOU BROUGHT (favorite food)!" He nodded, holding the bag out to me. My fingers wrapped themselves around the bag as I grabbed it, before hugging the brown-haired man again. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, I love you!" 

"I love you too. Also," I looked up from my food to see his eyes sparkling in excitement, "I got us tickets to the haunted house that the family down the street is setting up. They are for tonight at seven, so wear something warm," 

It took me a second for his words to register, but as soon as they did, my eyes went wide with fear. 

"Wait, what did you say?" I asked, laughing nervously. Maybe I heard him wrong, and he said haughty house. Yeah, maybe he is taking me to a super nice house party. That would be fun.