Suki || Comet

A/N: (N/N) means nickname, so insert a nickname or pet name of choice. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Suki :) : be outside your house in 5 minutes, there's something we need to see.

Me: huh?

Me: babe, it's 11:45 at night???

Suki :) : and? there's something we need to see.

Me: fine, i will be there. 

I got up, forcing myself out of the palace of pillows and blankets on my bed. What my girlfriend could want to show me at 11:45 PM was a mystery, yet I was a little curious to see, so I would go along with it. My fingers ran across the wall, searching for my light switch. When I finally found it, I flicked it, and my room filled up with the bright light. 

Everything became blurry while my eyes tried to adjust to the sudden change in brightness. Once I had finally become accustomed, I headed towards my closet, grabbing the first jacket I felt and slipping it on. 

Then, I made my way back to my nightstand, grabbing my phone, and my house key. Seeing that I had everything I needed, I walked to my bedroom door, sliding it open slowly so it would not creak. I turned the lights back off, stepped into the hallway, and started to close the door behind me. Instead of shutting the door all the way, I left a little bit of a crack, so that it would not make any unnecessary noises. 

My trip down the hallway was slow and steady. I hugged the wall, desperately trying to keep quiet so that I would not wake anyone up. 

Within a matter of minutes, I had made it to my front door, unlocking it quickly. The night air was cool, and I mentally praised myself for grabbing a jacket. In front of my house, a green electric Hyundai Ioniq was parked. I immediately recognized Suki's car, so I made my way to the passenger side door, and pulled it open. 

"Hey (N/N)," she said as she motioned for me to sit down. I slid into the seat next to her, shutting the door behind me. 

"Hey babe. So, what is it that we have to see?" She made a 'tsk' sound, and shook her head.

"Nope, that is a surprise. I explain when we get there," I nodded. Suki pressed down on the pedal by her right foot, which made the car start moving again. 

We sat in comfortable silence, until we reached a stoplight. I looked around, trying to see where we were based on the scenery. Judging from the fact that we had passed by the grocery store that I frequently passed on the way to school, I figured we were probably halfway across town by now. 

My girlfriend reached over to connect her phone to the aux, and started looking for something to play over the speakers. She ultimately clicked on the playlist that we had made together a while ago, and put it on shuffle. 

The music started drifting out in simple melodies, filling the silence. I recognized the song as "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer, also known as one of her favorite songs. She hummed along, which was insanely cute. 

I reached my hand out, and intertwined our fingers together. My thumb brushed soft circles onto the back of her hand, an action she was quite fond of. Our movement spoke more than any words ever could. Anyone could see that we were made for each other. 

________________________________________________________________________________

After a few more songs, or about fifteen minutes, Suki parked the car. I looked out, only to see a large plot of flat land. This only fed the curiosity that had been building ever since I had gotten out of bed earlier that night. 

We both got out of the car, and she pulled a blanket out of the backseat. 

"Are we having a picnic?" I asked. She shook her head, and lead me onto the field. Within moments, we had found a good spot, and she set the blanket down. Suki sat down, motioning for me to do the same. I did. 

"Okay, lay down," she told me. Even though I had no idea what was going on, I decided it would be best to listen. I laid down, parallel to the ground, and looked up. She followed suit, and when we were both situated, she started to explain. 

"So, I found out that there was this cool comet passing through tonight, and I thought that it would be cool to watch it together. Then, I remembered that this area existed a few miles outside of town, and realized it would be the perfect place to watch it," I chuckled lightly, and intertwined our hands once again. 

"Well, thank you for taking me to see this comet. This is nice, and it gives me an excuse to see you again."

"(Y/N), we saw each other after school," she responded, rolling her eyes. 

"And? That's way too long ago," I squeezed her hand, and we both looked up. We sat in silence once more, before Suki started pointing excitedly. 

"Look! There it is!" Her eyes lit up, brighter than all the stars in the sky. I looked around like she had said, only to find something moving, leaving a path in its wake. The colors were vibrant, painting the night sky with it. 

"Woahhhhh," Suki breathed in awe, her eyes examining the event happening before us. 

"Beautiful," I whispered, although I wasn't looking at the comet. At my words, she turned to face me, and I could faintly see her blush. We both leaned in to share a soft kiss, before pulling away to rest our foreheads against each other.

"I love you," she whispered sincerely, and at that moment, I knew that there was no one I would rather be with than her. 

"And I love you," I replied, before leaning in to kiss her once more.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: hi everyone!!! i have a bit of an irregular updating schedule, but i have some ideas for upcoming chapters, so i will be working on those soon. 

in other news, i got my braces off two days ago!!! i had them on for over two and a half years, and now they are finally gone, so yeah. also, to anyone from the U.S., or to anyone who celebrates this across the world, happy late thanksgiving. we are steadily moving into the holiday season, so if there are any specific scenarios anyone would like to see, feel free to leave a comment or dm me. i will get some ideas as well, and i will be updating those as well. 

as always, i do not own the world or characters of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and all rights belong to nickelodeon and the creators. also, i do not own the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer, as all rights go to them and their producer(s). finally, i do not own the Hyundai Ioniq, so all rights go to Hyundai. 

i hope you all enjoyed this, and i will see all you amazing people in the next update. 

bye benders and non-benders! (you can choose whichever you would like to be)

-piper (your author)