Chapter one: the begining

Everyone thinks that when you have a guy best friend that you two both end up liking each other. Or one will fall deeply in love with the other. For me that's not the case...Justin and I aren't like that. We have been friends forever being neighbors and all.

He is older than me by a good two months. I don't have feelings for him, and he doesn't have any for me. Right now we are stuck in school listening to a boring lecture from our math teacher. I glance over to him because he sits next to me and he drops a crumpled piece of paper. He slightly nods his head to it for me to pick up, so I do. I grab the piece of crumpled paper and uncrumple it.

Do you have any idea of what she is saying you seem lost in thought?

I have no clue isn't it something to do with how we should be paying more attention to what she says? I write back.

I let it fall back on the floor for him to pick up which he does. He smiles a little at what I wrote, and the bell finally rings for us all to run out the room.

"Now class don't forget to do the homework it will be posted on my website." She gets out before we all retreat to the halls. I wait in the hall for Justin because my seat is closer to the door.

"Why does she think it's okay to give homework on the weekends?" He says like he does every Friday as we walk to our lockers before lunch.

"You should know by now teachers love to give homework." I say. We walk to our lockers which were right next to each other. I open mine before he opens his.

"Hey guess what?" He says after trying three times with his locker and giving up looking at me. I look at him as he smiles. I smile back knowing what he was going to say.

"Your locker won't open for you." I say more as a statement. He nods his head and I move to open his.

"Really first try that's not fair." He says as I open it no problem. "Lockers must just love you." He says laughing a little. I laugh a little too.

"I just have the magic touch." I say as I move back to my locker. I grab my book for history after I put my books I won't need in. I close my locker and look to see Justin taking out his book too.

We have our last three classes together luckily this year. This is also our last year of high school. And it is close to summer, only four months to go, but we are planning on going to the same college, so we won't miss each other. It was always our plan, and then we would eventually go and major in same career.

"Ready for lunch?" He asks. I nod my head, and we start walking to the cafeteria. We sit at our normal table along with our other friends: Abby, Jade, Mike and Zach, who are already there.

Abby has her light brown hair in a side braid. She is wearing jeans and a swim team tee shirt, from the beginning of the year. Jade has her blond hair in a bun with a black athletic headband. She has on jeans too but had a gray basketball tee shirt she "took" from her older brother. Mike and Zach both have on jeans and a tee shirt. But Mike has on a red tee shirt and Zach has on a black tee shirt. Mike also has dirty blond hair while Zach has dark brown almost black hair.

I sit on the end across from Abby and she sits next to Jade. Justin takes his spot next to me and next to Zach as Mike sits across from them. "So you two both decided to wear blue today." Jade says looking at us.

I look down at my outfit and then to Justin's. He has on kakis and a blue lacrosse tee shirt on. I have on his blue football tee shirt that I stole yesterday. He did the same looking at me and then laughs. "Hey that's mine." He says pointing to me.

"Hey I can't help it...I wanted to wear it today." I say taking out some homework along with my lunch.

"What ever keep it if you want. Hey Mike did you get what Mr. Dave was trying to teach us?" He says starting to take out some of his homework. I turn to the girls who were trying to work on science homework.