fourth melody ✯ sugar rush

FOURTH MELODY ; SUGAR RUSH

✯✯✯

"I don't get it. Why are you two being like that to me? You're both mean!" Oikawa exclaimed, shoving a milk bread in his mouth as he looked at a peach haired female and a tan skinned male.

Matsukawa and Hanamaki who were sat on his both sides snickered to themselves which earned them yet another glare from the quite childish captain. At least, he was childish for now.

Yua was having lunch with her performing arts club mates on the table just a few feet away from the volleyball team third years, a bright smile plastered on her face as Eiko teased Kasumi for being too silent. Their club president, Chizue, was having small talk with Mai on the other side of the table.

Seeing that she was having fun, a smile involuntarily graced Iwaizumi's lips. He leaned his head on his palm, his elbow on the table while he silently watched the peach haired female. He wasn't exactly aware that he was staring, but all he could think about was how Yua, from two years ago, seemed much lonelier than she looked like right now. If he were to choose, he liked this Yua better.

People change, but I like how she seemed stronger now.

"Eh? Iwa-chan?" Oikawa called, looking at his best friend before giving a glance to what Iwaizumi was staring at.

Once the chocolate haired captain saw how his best friend was staring at Yua, a smug smile placed itself on his lips before tapping the tan male's shoulder.

Iwaizumi was then woken up from his trance, his gaze now on his third year friends. Realizing that they were all looking at him with either a confused expression or a teasing one, the tan third year furrowed his brows and folded his arms across his chest.

"What is it now, Shittykawa?" Iwaizumi asked, and then looked at the two other third years. "Hanamaki? Matsukawa?"

Laughing obnoxiously (at least in Iwaizumi's opinion), Oikawa leaned closer towards Iwaizumi.

"We were just talking about how Makki and Yu-chan look like cousins. Matsun here was asking you if you thought so too or if she told you they were since you two are closer, but here you are... hmm, why were you staring at my precious Yu-chan?" Oikawa replied, making Iwaizumi glare at his best friend before hitting the top of his head with his hand. "Ouch! So mean, Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi himself was surprised that he was actually staring, but the teasing looks from Oikawa, Hanamaki and Matsukawa all told him one thing. Of course, they were going to tease him about it. There was never a chance that they caught Iwaizumi stared at a girl, and there Matsui Yua was, showing up and sweeping Iwaizumi off of his feet.